Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hello!! I am building a hackintosh today with the following core components:

I plan on using the following build guides:

Main system build:
Guide: GA-P67A-UD3-B3 with ATI 5870 – 10.6.7 – All Vanilla

GTX 470 guide:
MacMan Build - GA-X58A-UD5 - i7-950 - GTX 470

I couldn't find any specific guides on my mobo / processor combo. Any tips, advice, guides, words of wisdom etc would be very helpful. I'm building today. Thank you all so much!

Gordo74 said:
You should be alright using my guide, just do NOT follow any of my "ATI Package" stuff. Instead, just install the Chameleon RC5 - Sandy Bridge bootloader from MB.

Phew! That gives me great relief. Thank you. I'm printing your guide now!

Ok, so follow up:

I'll spare you the details, but I followed your guide. Here is what is happening:

Must use arch=i386 when booting otherwise it hangs on the white apple boot screen with no spinner at the bottom. I can get in using arch=i386 but no 64 bit. arch=x86_64 hangs on boot. I could run 32 bit, but I need 64 bit for my editing software.

I have a GTX 470 (Gigabyte brand).

I'm thinking of completely reinstalling from scratch. Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you!

bpotter said:
Ok, so follow up:

I'll spare you the details, but I followed your guide. Here is what is happening:

Must use arch=i386 when booting otherwise it hangs on the white apple boot screen with no spinner at the bottom. I can get in using arch=i386 but no 64 bit. arch=x86_64 hangs on boot. I could run 32 bit, but I need 64 bit for my editing software.

I'm thinking of completely reinstalling from scratch. Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you!

Try setting the flag as arch=i386 -force64

Gordo74 said:
bpotter said:
Ok, so follow up:

Thank you!

Try setting the flag as arch=i386 -force64

I tried that, still shows up as 64 bit kernel = No under system profiler. Also tried various other combinations at the boot command line. I'm wondering if I installed the packages improperly during the initial setup. Now that I'm thinking about it, I may have selected "EasyDSDT" and the options below. Perhaps I shouldn't select "EasyDSDT" ?

I'm sure I'm using iBoot Legacy, though..

I just really want this to work. I advised my workplace to get it assuring them I could install a Hackintosh based on the successful build I did at home and from what I read about Sandy Bridge on here. :oops:

Gordo74 said:
Did you install the sandy bridge bootloader? You say you're booting with iboot legacy, you shouldnt need that.

I did install the Sandy Bridge bootloader. I'll download the regular iboot and try that. Thank you!

Are you still having issues with this board? I just got through getting the same setup as you up and going except with the gtx 480. I had the p67a-ud7 non b3 board which had the intel chipset flaw and got my replacement from gigabyte this week the p67a-ud7 b3 and it is a different animal from the non b3. There are things in the guides that wont work with this board and the easy dsdt is one of them with the 10.6.7. Also no need to edit the plist. If you are having issues still, I will do a fresh install again on mine to advise you exactly what I did and all works great at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back