Contribute
Register

Please advise: i7-2600k GIGABYTE|GA-P67A-UD7-B3

Status
Not open for further replies.
just to be sure, the Gordo74 graphic I refer to is his number 16 referred to as first round of multibeast. But as I said, do not use easy install or user dsdt install.

Ok. Thanks again for all the tips! I went through the process explained in this thread. I even copied over the kext and the dsdt, ran kext utility etc.

Right now it's hanging on the apple screen no spinning wheel. I'm attaching the -v output. I've installed the 10.6.7 update, Sandy Bridge helper, Tonymac nvidia update, etc.

I can boot into OS X when using iBoot legacy, but not without it.

I'm also getting various halts on my -v output with different flags on startup. I'll attach those in the next thread with the flags listed.

I feel like I'm close but missing something. Perhaps I selected something wrong in Multibeast?

Screen shot of -v hang attached.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 154
Another update:

When entering PCIRootUID=1 I get this output.

Attachments

• photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    486.1 KB · Views: 126
OK! I am IN! I followed this VERY vanilla install and it's working 64bit, no Nvidia, no network, sound etc.:

viewtopic.php?f=79&t=15834&start=20

Now I'm going to install multibeast options one at a time and make drive back ups as I go.

One step at a time..

Update #1:
Re-installed tonymac Nvidia driver update. Didn't detect video card resolutions. Selected NvEnabler from Multibeast. Boot hangs. Tried with PCIRootUID=1 flag. Still hangs. Attempting to bypass by using GraphicsEnabler=0.

Update #2:
Rebooted using -f -x -v (not exactly sure what those do.. found them here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofive ... 9-800.html). Re-installed Chamelon Sandy Bridge version. Rebooted. All is well. Going to install network, then usb, sata, etc.

Update #3:
Probably chose to install too many kexts at once. I think the HDA audio driver is jacking up the system. Removing from extensions. Trying again.

Update #4
So everything is FUBAR now. Tried to restore disk image from jump drive, no luck "Scanning image for restore" causes error. Perhaps I created a backup image incorrectly? Will have to re-install from scratch. Again.

Had to get to airport to catch flight this AM for the NAB. . Do you have the video working now?

jherbert16 said:
Had to get to airport to catch flight this AM for the NAB. . Do you have the video working now?

I have a disk image with only video working, no other drivers. I think it's hanging on the audio drivers.. :(. Can only boot with -f -x -v. Checking -v in normal boot now.

does the -v work yet? Also did you check the bios again to make sure the cpu multiplier is still set to 32?

jherbert16 said:
does the -v work yet? Also did you check the bios again to make sure the cpu multiplier is still set to 32?

-v is showing appleHDA driver errors now. I think I needed to do more than remove the file from the extensions folder.. anyone know the right way to do that?

Are you referring to the long list of errors as the computer boots but still comes up into the operating system? These are normal and always there as you watch verbose mode boot. I know that sounds counterintuitive. The audio should still be fine. Go to sound in system preferences and see if you have the outputs listed ie. digital out, etc. To remove the applehda from extension by the way just remove it and run kext utility and everything should be fine. However, look in the sound area and see if you have outputs.

jherbert16 said:
Are you referring to the long list of errors as the computer boots but still comes up into the operating system? These are normal and always there as you watch verbose mode boot. I know that sounds counterintuitive. The audio should still be fine. Go to sound in system preferences and see if you have the outputs listed ie. digital out, etc. To remove the applehda from extension by the way just remove it and run kext utility and everything should be fine. However, look in the sound area and see if you have outputs.

I would do that, but it's not even booting up. So I'm starting from scratch then re-installing one at a time..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back