CPU
Intel Core i5 3.8 GHz 7600K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all, maybe you can help me here as I did all day troubleshooting without any progress :(

I have working hackintosh for over a half a year and everything was super fine. Few days/weeks ago I have started to experience random restarts without any kernel panic or other error. Just black screen and then BIOS logo...

After many restarts I have noticed that restart happens after any sound being played. So here is the sequence:

1. I login normally and wait for desktop to appear
2. I can do everything until I generate any system sound, like copy, move to trash, empty trash, unlock preference panel, etc.
3. Right after the sound stops playing there is a reboot

From the beginning I was using AppleALC 1.2.2 with inject_id set to 11 and it was working perfectly. Now I tried AppleALC 1.3.0 but with this kext I don't have any audio device. And when I don't have audio devices I also don't have restarts ;)

I have updated Lilo and Clover to latest versions.

This problem appeared for no reason, at least I didn't notice any software install/update that caused it.

Some more testing and trying all AppleALC releases led me to stable solution which is version 1.2.7. It seems to work now and I didn't have any restart since installing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back