Ryzen 7 3700X
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys!

I am planning tu build my hackintosh and I would like to hear your oppinion on my components. I read tons of reviews and benchmarkings and this came out:

Case: NZXT Phantom 410 black
MB: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K
CPU cooler: NOCTUA NH-D14
Storage: WD Caviar Green 1000GB 64MB cache + SSD disk OCZ Vertex 3 Series 120GB
Memory: Mushkin RAM 4x4096MB DDR3 1600 8- 8-8- 24 Blackline
Power: be quiet! STRAIGHT POWER CM BQT E9- CM- 580W, 80PLUS Gold

GPU: ? (I have Sapphire Ati 4670 1GB) waiting for Apple to release new HW to know what support we will get ;-)

My goal is not to build top performance machine for any cost, I am trying to build a clever built. I do some video editing, some photoshop, authoring, but no hardcore work... I would like to get back to some gaming again :p

What do you think?

I would use a Z77 with an Ivy Bridge such as the Z77 DS3H from Gigabyte. They're made to work together and the Z77 Gigabytes do not even need a DSDT, just a patched audio and ethernet kext which is available in Multibeast.

Other than that, looks good barring whatever GPU you pick. I'd change the WD Green drive to a "Blue" drive or a Samsung drive, as the Greens are slow drives which spin down and are annoying to wait for to spin up and the Black drives are loud.

Gordo74 said:
I would use a Z77 with an Ivy Bridge such as the Z77 DS3H from Gigabyte. They're made to work together and the Z77 Gigabytes do not even need a DSDT, just a patched audio and ethernet kext which is available in Multibeast.

The difference from Z77X-D3H is only the one useless PCI slot? If there is no other big difference (quality, durability, components) than I ll just save money and not little ;-)

Other than that, looks good barring whatever GPU you pick. I'd change the WD Green drive to a "Blue" drive or a Samsung drive, as the Greens are slow drives which spin down and are annoying to wait for to spin up and the Black drives are loud.

The HDD is only in case, I ll be switching between this machine and my MBP so most of the data I will have on an external drive :)

Seehank said:
Gordo74 said:

The difference from Z77X-D3H is only the one useless PCI slot? If there is no other big difference (quality, durability, components) than I ll just save money and not little ;-)

Be sure to get the DS3H and not just the D3H, the D3H is NOT compatible. The DS3H is.

Gordo74 said:
Be sure to get the DS3H and not just the D3H, the D3H is NOT compatible. The DS3H is.

Although you did not answear my question GIGABYTE Z77-DS3H it is ;-) Thanx...

Btw. if anyone was interested it is approx. 1023 € (1,286 $) which is not much tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back