Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hi all i am planning my build.

i plan on a sandy bridge build and need some graphics card advice

i am new to hackintosh building and would like to know what is the best nvidia and amd card compatible with a hackintosh?

i am getting into gaming so i would like the best nvidia and amd card compatible with a hackintosh

extrafuzzyllama said:
hi all i am planning my build.

i plan on a sandy bridge build and need some graphics card advice

i am new to hackintosh building and would like to know what is the best nvidia and amd card compatible with a hackintosh?

i am getting into gaming so i would like the best nvidia and amd card compatible with a hackintosh

Please check the Graphics card section of the Wiki

Your choice of processor/chipset would not effect your graphics

i have checked the wiki but i am not sure on which is best compatible card since i am pretty new to building pcs in general

extrafuzzyllama said:
i have checked the wiki but i am not sure on which is best compatible card since i am pretty new to building pcs in general

"best compatible" is a bit hard to define.

What are you going to use your hack for? Lots of gaming? Video editing? Music production? General surfing and computer use?

Cards in the Wiki should be tried and tested and explain the method that you need to do to get them working on your hack.

alot of gaming some on osx but most while in windows since i want to dual boot my build
and also alot of 3d rendering, photoshop, and video editing

extrafuzzyllama said:
alot of gaming some on osx but most while in windows since i want to dual boot my build
and also alot of 3d rendering, photoshop, and video editing

I would recommend going with ATI cards for the moment until the higher end nVidia cards sort out the freezing issues in OSX.

Maybe a 5870 ?

I've just looked at 5970 card and how to get it to work but it involves editing ATI controller kexts and probably isn't right for a first time user.

I'd go with a 5870 and use Kabyl's bootloader i.e. ATI Experimental bootloader.

I've just checked JPA's thread that he's just started and he lists the following nVidia cards:
GTX 480 MSI OOB with GraphicsEnabler=Yes
GTX 480 OC EVGA OOB with GraphicsEnabler=Yes
ENGTX 480 ASUS OOB with GraphicsEnabler=Yes
GT 240 1GB DDR3 Palit OOB with DSDT+GraphicsEnabler=Yes
GTS 250 1GB DDR3 Gigabyte Work with DSDT+GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back