Contribute
Register

Planning first CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, total noob here.
Planning on building my first computer (CompuMac) ever to use mostly as a work station for photoshop/lightroom CC work with some very light FCP editing and occasional music production(logic). I'm still using an early 2009 iMac and looking for a performance boost for my real estate photography side business. I mostly want something very fast but relatively stable for photoshop/lightroom use.

Here is my plan so far.
Motherboard: Gigabyte Designare z170x
CPU: i7 6700k
32gb ballistix sport
samsung evo 1tb ssd
PSU: Corsair rm650x
Haven't really decided on the tower yet or the gpu. I was leaning towards the EVGA GTX960.

Does anyone know if there are photoshop/lightroom CC compatibility issues with this card? If anyone has any feedback or insight on my current plan I would appreciate hearing it before I start my shopping.
Thanks everyone.

It will do. Install the nVidia web drivers and the CUDA drivers for Sierra and you are good to go.

Thank you for the reassurance.
I just read on another thread here that it is not recommended to use a single ssd for a hackintosh. I had originally planned to just install a 1tb SSD but now I'm wondering if it would be better to just have the OS installed on a separate lower capacity SSD and do a 500gb SSD instead. Ideally, I would like to have both windows and OSX on the system in case future updates ever make my components incompatible.

Thank you for the reassurance.
I just read on another thread here that it is not recommended to use a single ssd for a hackintosh. I had originally planned to just install a 1tb SSD but now I'm wondering if it would be better to just have the OS installed on a separate lower capacity SSD and do a 500gb SSD instead. Ideally, I would like to have both windows and OSX on the system in case future updates ever make my components incompatible.
Best is separate SSD for OS X and Windows. Prevents :banghead::banghead: when you have to do updates/upgrades to either OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back