Contribute
Register

planned system for video editing

Status
Not open for further replies.
One last thing to check...there are two different cables from the power supply that have to be plugged into the motherboard. There is the 24-pin and 8 pin cables. Make sure you have both of those connected.

powerpcg5 said:
Can you relist your specs again.

Do you have all power cables plugged into your motherboard? (It requires more than one... there's a 2nd power cable plugged near the cpu).

Does your video card require extra power connections too?

May help to post pics too. :)

Yes, Im aware of the atx 12v.

wfj said:
Ok, when you've tried the HDMI you have the video card unplugged from the board right? If you want, PM me and I'll give you my phone number. Maybe I can walk you through this. Shouldn't be this difficult.

Yes, no video card, I even reset the cmos. That sound good wfj, let me try it.

My specs are:

MOBO #1: z68x-ud3
MOBO #2: z68a-d3h
Ram: 2 corsair vengeance ddr3 16GB
Processor: intel core i7 2600k
Graphics card: Nividia geforce gtx 285
Corsair water cooling system:
Corsair HX650w

Wao! mystery finally solved, thanks to wfj who told me to connect the monitor to the dvi port on the MOBO. So we got post, and its the graphics card that sucks!

For some reason we didn't get signal from the HDMI, but hey, i don't really care anymore.

I just need to get a good graphics card (probably the and 6870) and put this together.

Thanks to all for all your help, next stop building this baby up!

I'll keep you posted

:headbang:

I successfully buit my system, writing from it right now. I will post my confirmed hardware and specs later next week.

Thanks to everyone that contributed to this experience, hope I can help someone later on.

:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back