Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone,

Here is what I plan to buy for my first Hackintosh (use: photo, scientific programs, gaming):

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, Intel Z68, ATX
Intel Core i5-2500K Box, LGA1155
ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 13
Gigabyte Radeon HD 6870 OC, 1024MB GDDR5, PCI-Express
Corsair Enthusiast Series Modular TX650M, 650Watt
16GB-Kit Corsair Vengeance blau DDR3 1600 MHz CL9
OCZ SSD 60GB SATA 2,5' Vertex 2 Extended
FRACTAL DESIGN Gehäuse DEFINE R3 Arctic White
Sony Optiarc AD-7280S-0B schwarz
16GB Corsair Flash Voyager USB 2.0
Arctic Cooling Wärmeleitpaste MX-4 Tube

I already have:
Behringer UCA202 USB audio interface
Dell 24" monitor
Apple USB keyboard+logitech mouse
3 external firewire hard drives

Does everything seem all right to you, Especially, is the SSD ok for hackintosh use, and is the gigabyte version of the video card OK as well ?

I want as little problem as possible with audio, firewire, and network. As far as I understand from reading the forum, most problems (sleep, KP) are caused by the non-native support of the gigabyte board components. Can I use only my USB sound card for sound (natively recognized in OS X) and get away without installing problematic audio kexts for the motherboard ? Will DSDT edits be also needed and will I need to disable the sound card on the motherboard so that they don't interfere ?

Similarly, can I buy natively recognized firewire 800 (TI chip) and ethernet PCI cards and solve similar problems for these interfaces ?

Cheers

Sorry i should have been more specific in saying i could only answer the sound part of the question. I did give up trying to get on board audio to work properly. I just removed the kexts i had used and selected the usb device in prefernces(?) and was good to go

Arctic Cooling Wärmeleitpaste MX-4 Tube

You don't need this. There's allready a solid on the Boxed Models

OCZ SSD 60GB SATA 2,5' Vertex 2 Extended

I would take at least 120gb, the price difference is not that much...and you can install more than a os and few programms on it.

Thanks for the suggestions, although I'm more trying to cut down the price (I'm considering the 6850 instead of the 6870). What would be lost by going to cheaper Z68 motherboards by the way, there are so many models !!

Haha yeah there are so many choices. The mobo I reccomended would give you USB 3.0 if your case supports it. All of the Z68 mobos are very similar really.

Take a look at my build (I haven't ordered everything yet so I can still change stuff) http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php ... 20#p280020 this comes out to about $800 (I already have an apple mouse, apple keyboard and a good dell monitor). I am also looking to downgrade my gfx card, but on amazon the 6870 is the same price as the 6850!!! :) lol. I will probably end up just biting the bullet and going with the 6870 because I want this hackintosh to be the best hackintosh that I can afford :) best of luck to you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back