Contribute
Register

Planing to build my first Hackintosh (need help for hardware)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
VEGA 64
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

I have been reading and researching for a couple weeks and decided to build my first Hackintosh computer. I'm not sure the list I came up with is good enough. Would you mind checking the compatibility of the following system with the latest Mac OS?

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory

Intel i7-8700K Processor
NZXT Kraken X72 Liquid CPU Cooler

2x Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 SSDs
Seagate Barracuda 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD

Sapphire RX VEGA 64 8GB NITRO+ Video Card

NZXT H700i ATX Mid Tower Case

Corsair RMx (2018) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

We want to build this dual booth machine (Mac OS and Windows) for 4K editing and VFX rendering.

To be honest, we are not experienced in building Hackintosh at all and scared to make a mistake with purchasing wrong hardware items.

Thank you very much for your help and comments in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

I have been reading and researching for a couple weeks and decided to build my first Hackintosh computer. I'm not sure the list I came up with is good enough. Would you mind checking the compatibility of the following system with the latest Mac OS?

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory

Intel i7-8700K Processor

2x Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 SSDs
Seagate Barracuda 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD

Sapphire RX VEGA 64 8GB NITRO+ Video Card

Corsair RMx (2018) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

We want to build this dual booth machine (Mac OS and Windows) for 4K editing and VFX rendering.

To be honest, we are not experienced in building Hackintosh at all and scared to make a mistake with purchasing wrong hardware items.

Thank you very much for your help and comments in advance!

The build should be compatible with MacOS High Sierra and Mojave.

You probably wont' be able to use the onboard wifi. Apparently intel wifi is not supported. I found that out the hard way and have ordered a separate card to take care of that function, if and when I need to use it.

System should be a screamer!

You probably wont' be able to use the onboard wifi. Apparently Intel WiFi is not supported. I found that out the hard way and have ordered a separate card to take care of that function, if and when I need to use it.

System should be a screamer!

Thanks for the heads up. I figured the onboard wifi incompatibility via someone else and decided to go with the same board without wifi. I also changed a couple of items with different ones.

Here is the updated list:

Intel i9-9900K 3.6 GHz Processor
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO ATX Motherboard
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-2800 Memory
Sapphire Radeon RX VEGA 64 8 GB NITRO+ Video Card
2x Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 SSD
2x Seagate Barracuda 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD
EVGA 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

I ordered the items already. I expect to receive everything by January 10th. I hope I haven't forgotten anything to be added.

Now I should prepare (study) for the Hackintosh installation. Any specific installation guide you recommend to follow for this motherboard/build? I am planning to install dual booth in separate SSD drives.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome good luck. I got my system put together over the weekend, and trying to get it built for the wife in time for Christmas. WiFI card comes in tomorrow. I didn't catch the issue with the onboard Intel until it was too late. But will have it for the Windows side, and really may not need it anyway since I will probably run an ethernet to her office area. I still have to resolve the sound card, and get the drive to boot up on its own with out using the thumb drive to select it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back