Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All.
I've been attempting to get my Pioneer BDR 206 BK to consistently work in my system... I just purchased it over the weekend. It's worked intermittently, but the system crashes now. Of course, I know it's this particular drive. Here's the scenario--

Macsales has virtually an identical drive (Pioneer BDR-206 BK MP), but I discovered that after I found this one at Directron. Essentially, though, the drive works on 2008-2009 MacPro 4,1 systems. My question is this--

Can I re-run Multibeast, keep all of the original setings SAVE for changing the system id from MacPro 3,1 to MacPro 4,1 (my cpu is intel Core i7 950, sitting on an EX58 UD7 Gigabyte mobo with a Gigabyte ATi Radeon 5770) without any destructive effects? My system is currently running in 32 bit mode so that I can use my FW-1884 (there are no 64 bit drivers for it as Tascam discontinued it), and also to use my Zonet PCI wireless card. I've seen that even to get the Macsales drive (which again, is virtually identical), my system id would have to say that anyway... so would the system still work? The drive actually works in one sense... I burned a disc and the disc worked, but then the system crashed. When it first comes on it acts compatible. My settings are identical the the excellent work done by Going Bald, which he was kind enough to post a couple of screen shots so that I could copy them and use them. That's how I was able to get the sytem up and running, and basically it's been doing really great... except for occasionally crashing, and that's pretty much attributed to this new drive. Any thoughts?

Thanks EVERYONE, in advance for sharing your wisdom.

Have the best day.

I am a newbie, I admit that freely.

Thanks in advance for your input.

I am a newbie. I admit that freely.

IAMRICHDAD said:
Hi All.
I've been attempting to get my Pioneer BDR 206 BK to consistently work in my system... I just purchased it over the weekend. It's worked intermittently, but the system crashes now. Of course, I know it's this particular drive. Here's the scenario--

Macsales has virtually an identical drive (Pioneer BDR-206 BK MP), but I discovered that after I found this one at Directron. Essentially, though, the drive works on 2008-2009 MacPro 4,1 systems. My question is this--

Can I re-run Multibeast, keep all of the original setings SAVE for changing the system id from MacPro 3,1 to MacPro 4,1 (my cpu is intel Core i7 950, sitting on an EX58 UD7 Gigabyte mobo with a Gigabyte ATi Radeon 5770) without any destructive effects? My system is currently running in 32 bit mode so that I can use my FW-1884 (there are no 64 bit drivers for it as Tascam discontinued it), and also to use my Zonet PCI wireless card. I've seen that even to get the Macsales drive (which again, is virtually identical), my system id would have to say that anyway... so would the system still work? The drive actually works in one sense... I burned a disc and the disc worked, but then the system crashed. When it first comes on it acts compatible. My settings are identical the the excellent work done by Going Bald, which he was kind enough to post a couple of screen shots so that I could copy them and use them. That's how I was able to get the sytem up and running, and basically it's been doing really great... except for occasionally crashing, and that's pretty much attributed to this new drive. Any thoughts?

Thanks EVERYONE, in advance for sharing your wisdom.

Have the best day.

I am a newbie, I admit that freely.

Thanks in advance for your input.

I am a newbie. I admit that freely.
Yes, you can run MultiBeast and change to a different system id and run it to install. I have tried 3.1, 4.1, and 5.1 without doing anything but checking off the one I wanted to try + sustem utilities to rebuild caches and repair permissions.
That said, it's always good to have a bootable backup just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back