Contribute
Register

Pioneer BDR-207DBK Optical BD-RW compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received this drive as a holiday gift and installed it into my Hack. I've been having sleep/wake issues with it, even while it is playing discs (which I thought wouldn't put it to sleep since it's running). I've disabled putting hard disks to sleep and still have this issue. Any thoughts on a solution to this? I also have an Optiarc DVD/CD drive installed that is working flawlessly. ML 10.8.2.

I've been having sleep/wake issues with it, even while it is playing discs (which I thought wouldn't put it to sleep since it's running).

Precisely what is it doing? from your statement it sounds like the system is trying to sleep the drive while it is playing a disc????

Precisely what is it doing? from your statement it sounds like the system is trying to sleep the drive while it is playing a disc????

Thanks for your quick reply. I was watching a BD movie and after the movie ended, I tried to eject the disc, but the drive wouldn't eject. Selecting eject from the menu bar doesn't eject it either. Previously, if my computer went to sleep and I wake it, the drive would stop responding (even with the "Put hard disks to sleep when possible" option was disabled, as suggested by other users of this BD drive). I have to restart my computer to get it working again.

There are several different ways to eject a disk, osx will generally ignore the physical button on the drive unless it's empty. The software eject on the keyboard or task bar won't work if a app is using the drive, and I did not see you specifically say you tried using the eject in the software you were using to play the disk. Closing the program or using the eject in the program should work.

There are several different ways to eject a disk, osx will generally ignore the physical button on the drive unless it's empty. The software eject on the keyboard or task bar won't work if a app is using the drive, and I did not see you specifically say you tried using the eject in the software you were using to play the disk. Closing the program or using the eject in the program should work.

Thanks for your reply. I previously just "stopped" the disc in the app/program without closing it completely. I tried closing it and was able to eject the disc now. All seems to be working now; I will let my computer sleep to test sleep/wake, hopefully it won't remain problematic since others have had success with this drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back