Contribute
Register

Pinkintosh Build Advice???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
i am not very king on the new windows 8 coming out soon. i got a pink nzxt phantom case for my birthday. i am thinking of doing a hackintosh build in it since i like to encode and edit video. i would like to do a build that i can have thunderbolt and usb 3.0 functional in the build. i was wondering if anyone had some build advice for me on the simple things i want to do. im a light gamer and play world of warcaft. just because i am a light gamer doesn't mean i don't want a good looking image on the screen though ;)

I would suggest you start by looking at the CustoMac builds that are the most straight forward systems to get up and running, and look for the motherboards that contain the features that you are interested in using (thunderbolt, etc). That should give you a good place to spec out appropriate hardware and plan your build.

i forgot to mention i have looked at the build section and used some the parts. the parts im looking at below are is where i am thinking of starting.

Intel Core i7-3770K Quad-Core Processor 3.5 GHz 6 MB Cache LGA 1155 - BX80637I73770K
Gigabyte Intel Z77 Dual Thunderbolt ATX Motherboard with BT4.0/Wi-Fi (GA-Z77X-UP5-TH)
EVGA GeForce GTX 660Ti 2048MB GDDR5 DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI, DP, SLI Graphics Card (02G-P4-3660-KR) Graphics Cards 02G-P4-3660-KR
Seagate Barracuda 7200 1 TB 7200RPM SATA 6 Gb/s NCQ 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive ST1000DM003
SanDisk Extreme SSD 120 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SDSSDX-120G-G25
Corsair Vengeance 16 GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz PC3 240 Pin DIMM Memory CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10
Sony AD-7280S-0B 24x SATA Internal DVD+/-RW Drive (Black)

if anyone can advice if they are good or if i should consider other parts for playing wow and encoding video.

i forgot to mention i have looked at the build section and used some the parts. the parts im looking at below are is where i am thinking of starting.

Intel Core i7-3770K Quad-Core Processor 3.5 GHz 6 MB Cache LGA 1155 - BX80637I73770K
Gigabyte Intel Z77 Dual Thunderbolt ATX Motherboard with BT4.0/Wi-Fi (GA-Z77X-UP5-TH)
EVGA GeForce GTX 660Ti 2048MB GDDR5 DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI, DP, SLI Graphics Card (02G-P4-3660-KR) Graphics Cards 02G-P4-3660-KR
Seagate Barracuda 7200 1 TB 7200RPM SATA 6 Gb/s NCQ 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive ST1000DM003
SanDisk Extreme SSD 120 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SDSSDX-120G-G25
Corsair Vengeance 16 GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz PC3 240 Pin DIMM Memory CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10
Sony AD-7280S-0B 24x SATA Internal DVD+/-RW Drive (Black)

if anyone can advice if they are good or if i should consider other parts for playing wow and encoding video.

That looks like a solid build! Probably overkill, but that's a good thing. :)

That looks like a solid build! Probably overkill, but that's a good thing. :)

i based it off a build in customac section. trying to figure out how i can get a apple wireless keyboard and magic pad to work on build.. i may pass on ssd and just use a 2tb hdd. because of the video encoding i like to do i was wondering if i could go with 8 or if safer to stay with 16 of ram

i based it off a build in customac section. trying to figure out how i can get a apple wireless keyboard and magic pad to work on build.. i may pass on ssd and just use a 2tb hdd. because of the video encoding i like to do i was wondering if i could go with 8 or if safer to stay with 16 of ram

to be future proof just go with the 16 gb of ram it will also make your system run that much faster. also if your can afford it go with the SSD it speeds up your rig considerably compared to a standardized HDD.
Good Luck!

With the processor and video card you've chosen, 8GB of RAM would be an obvious bottleneck. I agree with Davida on the SSD if you can afford it. I'm using one now for the first time, and it really is a night-and-day difference for me.

Getting the Apple Wireless Keyboard and Magic Trackpad working is as easy as finding a working bluetooth adapter and then pairing them up like any other device. This one is listed as working, but I've never personally used it so I can't speak for it directly:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002K6RK0/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=tonymacx86com-20

funny thing is the motherboard comes with a wireless/bt 4.0 card

Yes, it does. But last I checked, it's not compatible. :-S Hopefully I'm mistaken.

Yes, it does. But last I checked, it's not compatible. :-S Hopefully I'm mistaken.

that's the most annoying part is it probably included but not supported. i also like the fact it has dual tb ports on the motherboard too.

i just wounder if doing a hackintoh, i am getting in over my head.

i am hopping since i have built Frankenstein pa's, i should be able to do a hackntosh. when i say Frankenstein i mean i built them out old parts and hunted down drivers to get it to work from what i have seen on YouTube, the hackintosh are easier then that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back