ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 6950 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
I've just updated my rig to 10.9 and now whenever I run any video I get pink and green "gibberish" and my hackintosh freezes.

This only occurs when I have my SMBios model set to MacMini (server) 6,2.

When I have it set to MacPro (3,1), video works just fine.

I have my DSDT and SSDT created properly and functioning.

My specs:

ASUS Gene V
i7-3770k
840 Pro SSD (trim enabled)
Nvidia (ASUS) 660gtx

Any ideas why the SMBios setting is messing with my video? I had no such issues with 10.8.5

Pink video & Crash [FIXED]

Hello Candurin,

I have the same problem. Did you solve your problem?
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...h-videos-using-firefox-safari-not-chrome.html

Thanks.

Update 1/9/14 - [FIX] Following a fix found online, pull up a YouTube video. When the video starts, and you see the pink/green clutter, right-click on the middle of the video, scroll down to “settings”, and “uncheck” graphic acceleration. Reload the video and wallah!

Hope this helps.

All,

I thought that I had solved the problem of a pink video screen and system crash, but it reared its ugly head. I performed a Google search for a clicked on a return that contained a video. See the attached image for results. While, my system will not crash, it will not correctly display the video.

Still searching for a solution.

Also, while looking at the Maverick’s version of Multibeast, I noticed that the system build/model option is lacking.

FYI

Attachments

• pink.jpg
    pink.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 161
The "right click video -> settings -> disable hardware acceleration" fix works for me. Thanks very very very very very much!

Hi

i have the same problem here on 10.9.5. I can't watch videos on youtube. I tried Firefox and Safari. I disabled Hardware Acceleration. The Videoframe looks terrible ... full of artefacts and completely green (Firefox) and pink (Safari), sometimes ist starts at least the sound sometimes it stays black. If i let it 'do' for some seconds the whole machine freezes and the only thing that helps is the reset button.
The same for local movies with Quicktime Player. If press the preview button in finder the movie plays without errors and artefacts.

I am using the up to date driver 334.01.03f08 for 10.9.5.

The system:

i7 2600 K
Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
32 GB RAM
Samsung SSD
2 x GTX 780ti

What can i do to get this solved?

Thanks in advance.

Another important question:
Since i installed the discrete GPUs i do not see any post boot messages anymore which i saw using the integrated graphics. I just land directly on the desktop. Is there a workaround for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back