Contribute
Register

Pink tint issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
how is your display connected to the pc?
Via HDMI of course
Would you try 2 things;
1. turn the monitor off and back on after a few seconds
2. sleep the mac, turn off the monitor, wake the mac, turn on the monitor.
Tried both points, didn't work
try whatevergreen - boot-arg
allows enforcing 24-bit mode on unsupported displays (-rad24)
Tried -rad24 boot argument and still have issue
I like the 2nd option. Check this ->#4
Tried all the ResExtreme combinations, still no success.

The OP should compare the two images using another device.
What do you mean by that? One is the screenshot and one is the actual output (photo shot by my iPhone, so... another device), how else should I compare them? Maybe I didn't understand.

That's even better:). Never tried it though. . Thanks

I think all this kind of apps, it just update the display profile plist, you don't need to continuously run the apps in the background.

What do you mean by that? One is the screenshot and one is the actual output (photo shot by my iPhone, so... another device), how else should I compare them? Maybe I didn't understand.
I mean what I said.
Your screenshot shows that your system is working as it should be.
Your photo shows what you see and that is not what you expect to see.
Your problem is not with the system configuration (unless it is the wrong Display Profile) and you should look elsewhere, cable or monitor settings.

Last edited:
enable screen sharing in the system preferences, connect to your computer via remote vnc

Your problem is not with the system configuration (unless it is the wrong Display Profile) and you should look elsewhere, cable or monitor settings.
But it's not something about the monitor or cable, considering that the same hardware on same monitor, same connection (even EFI partition, just config.plist and kext changes) works just fine in High Sierra (dual booted). Moreover it's not just my problem, take a look here.

Try changing the screen resolution settings may help.
Nope, didn't help.

But it's not something about the monitor or cable, considering that the same hardware on same monitor, same connection (even EFI partition, just config.plist and kext changes) works just fine in High Sierra (dual booted). Moreover it's not just my problem, take a look here.

Nope, didn't help.
the post you link was updated to state that it's a color profile issue which is what pilgrim also stated, have you tried a different display, sorry if I missed you stating that you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back