Contribute
Register

Picker parameter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to insert them via the config.plist but failed
Could you put them in a generic config.plist so that I can see the right way?
OK, I tested this on my X79-UP4 desktop and the Startup Disk preference was retained successfully with different OpenCore installations on different disks:

1. Set the desired boot volume in Preferences - Startup Disk.
2. Restart and open Terminal then enter:
Code:
nvram -xp > nvram-options.plist
3. Check the macOS boot variable:
Code:
bless -getBoot --verbose
4. Confirm "Boot option is 8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C:Boot0080" in output.
5. Save the boot variable code:
Code:
nvram -x 8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C:Boot0080 > macbootvar.plist
6. Open nvram-options.plist and macbootvar.plist in Xcode or PlistEditPro.
7. Open the config.plist for the selected startup disk then add efi-boot-device and efi-boot-device-data to the NVRAM section under 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 based on the information from nvram-options.plist. Create a new UUID section in NVRAM with 8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C and add Boot0080 using the information from macbootvar.plist. Create "Delete" entries for the keys above. Reference the attached config.plist for examples but be sure to change the values.
8. Restart and verify the desired boot volume does not change.
9. Repeat the process above for the other OpenCore/macOS installation on the other disk.

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.4 KB · Views: 34
OK, I tested this on my X79-UP4 desktop and the Startup Disk preference was retained successfully with different OpenCore installations on different disks:

1. Set the desired boot volume in Preferences - Startup Disk.
2. Restart and open Terminal then enter:
Code:
nvram -xp > nvram-options.plist
3. Check the macOS boot variable:
Code:
bless -getBoot --verbose
4. Confirm "Boot option is 8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C:Boot0080" in output.
5. Save the boot variable code:
Code:
nvram -x 8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C:Boot0080 > macbootvar.plist
6. Open nvram-options.plist and macbootvar.plist in Xcode or PlistEditPro.
7. Open the config.plist for the selected startup disk then add efi-boot-device and efi-boot-device-data to the NVRAM section under 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 based on the information from nvram-options.plist. Create a new UUID section in NVRAM with 8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C and add Boot0080 using the information from macbootvar.plist. Create "Delete" entries for the keys above. Reference the attached config.plist for examples but be sure to change the values.
8. Restart and verify the desired boot volume does not change.
9. Repeat the process above for the other OpenCore/macOS installation on the other disk.
Hi, thanks for your time.
My NVRAM is broken.
To save the boot values I tried to set the boot disk and read the values without rebooting. With these values I set the config.plist as you wrote me. Unfortunately it doesn't work. I have attached the files if you want to take a look.
The problem is that in my system I select the default boot with the picker (Ctrl + Enter). Setting the startup disk from System Preferences does not work.

Attachments

• config.plist
    32.7 KB · Views: 34
  • macbootvar.plist
    675 bytes · Views: 37
  • nvram-options.plist
    1.7 KB · Views: 36
The problem is that in my system I select the default boot with the picker (Ctrl + Enter). Setting the startup disk from System Preferences does not work.
No problem, the same technique will work. You can ignore the Startup Disk variables such as efi-boot-device(-data) because in this case only Boot0080 matters. I corrected your config.plist which was missing the delete entry for Boot0080 and updated its contents with your macbootvar.plist. Give it another try.

Attachments

• config.plist
    29.7 KB · Views: 45
No problem, the same technique will work. You can ignore the Startup Disk variables such as efi-boot-device(-data) because in this case only Boot0080 matters. I corrected your config.plist which was missing the delete entry for Boot0080 and updated its contents with your macbootvar.plist. Give it another try.
Hi, I failed, I also tried disabling the picker and set default. I don't understand why it doesn't work on my pc.

Hi, I noticed this error when booting opencore. Could it have a correlation that Boot0080 is not working on my system?

Attachments

• boot_opencore_0.6.5.jpg
    boot_opencore_0.6.5.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 50
Hi, I noticed this error when booting opencore. Could it have a correlation that Boot0080 is not working on my system?
Not likely, those errors don't look relevant unless macOS won't boot at all. I assume you're using the motherboard firmware boot menu (such as F12) to select the drives and start OpenCore/macOS. Make sure you have performed the procedure I described above correctly and separately for both installations on both drives. Use Ctrl+Enter instead of Startup Disk. That's as much as I can suggest at this point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back