Graphics
Titan X
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Can somebody please confirm this: Photoshop CC 2015 always Crashes when resize images to over 2000px

This is what I do:
Open a large native imager of over 2000x2000 pixels

Them reduce size to 1000x1000 pixels

Finally increase the size; as soon as I tried to resize to over 2000px photoshop crashes

Can somebody please confirm this: Photoshop CC 2015 always Crashes when resize images to over 2000px

This is what I do:
Open a large native imager of over 2000x2000 pixels

Them reduce size to 1000x1000 pixels

Finally increase the size; as soon as I tried to resize to over 2000px photoshop crashes

Yeah, this happens to me as well, I am resizing pretty small images though.. Graphics card issue?

I know Photoshop can do the resizing things, but do hear several breakdowns. I think maybe it's because of your photo is too large. And it makes the crush. Why not use other software to resize photos, they will be more convenient. :D

Ancient thread, but still an issue. I was having the same problem with Photoshop 2017cc. I figured out how to fix it, and thought I'd share here in case anyone else found it helpful.

The issue for me at least, was photoshop tries to use GPU acceleration. The fix was to open photoshop, go to preferences - > performance. Under the Graphics Processing section, you probably have "Use Graphics Processor" checked, which is ok. Underneath that open "advanced settings". In my case, disabling "Use Open CL" fixed my crashing.

For reference I have selected
Drawing Mode: Advanced
Use Graphics Processor...: Checked
Use OpenCL: UnChecked
AntiAlias Guides and Paths: Checked

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back