CPU
Ryzen 5 3600
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, I have 2 ongoing problems with my Hackintosh.

1. Every time I turn on my computer, once it gets to the login screen, I have to unplug then plug back in the keyboard and mouse to make it work. Once I logged in, it works fine.

2. If I open photos, after a minute or less, my computer freezes. this problem only happens with my photos App. I've tried reinstalling Sierra from my Time Machine backup, a clean install without Time Machine same results. Any suggestions as to why this might be happening?

MB: GA-Z270X-UD5
CPU: 7700K
GPU: RX 580 8GB & GTX 1080 (I use only one GPU at a time)
RAM: 16GB
SSD 1: for Sierra
SSD 2: for Windows 10

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 8.44.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 8.44.47 AM.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 90
Update/workaround, seems like photos crashing some macs are not limited to just hackintosh. On another forum, someone suggest you turn of XMP in the bios and in clover configurator. I’ve tried both methods with no luck. Someone suggested turning of iCloud and using iPhoto if you have a copy. In my purchase history, I have iPhoto. I installed it connected my phone to my computer everything synced with no crashed. After installing iPhoto, I set set my memory XMP back to profile 1 in the bios and yes back in clover configurator. Hope this helps someone. Unfortunately iCloud photo backup causes issues enable in iPhoto and Photos so keep it off. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back