Contribute
Register

Photo surfaces of Gigabyte's upcoming H77N-WIFI mini-ITX motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Photo surfaces of Gigabyte's upcoming H77N-WIFI mini-ITX motherboard

Where is the mini-pci-e slot? I must not be looking in the right spot. I was looking for something parallel to the longer PCI-E slot.

Follow the antenna pigtail cables to the half-size mini PCIe wifi card in the image (roughly one o'clock). You'd pop that out and replace it with one of the compatible Atheros chips off of eBay.

I see, cool thanks saves me the headache of testing it myself.

I was only asking because I found this. Looks like some guys had success with similar models.
http://www.osx86.net/view/3089-broadcom_netlink_bcm57781.html

I like to experiment, but LAN, AUDIO are very important to me so I like to use a solid solution.

I wish they put 2 mini-PCIe connectors so we can pop in an mSATA SSD on to it.

I hadn't seen those drivers, it's possible that it'll work, but you'd be on your own testing it out...

Where is the mini-pci-e slot? I must not be looking in the right spot. I was looking for something parallel to the longer PCI-E slot.

It's where the Wi-Fi card is fitted... :p

Still, the lack of displayport makes it unusable for resolutions bigger than 1920x1200... pretty sad. No ACD support or resolutions like that.
I am waiting for decades to have a really nice mini-itx board in order to make a really good mac mini... it looks, not yet.

What's wrong with popping a graphics card into the PCI-E slot?

Would much rather have a RCA connector for digital audio. Fiber optic is a pain for long cable runs. Right now I'm patching 3 RCA connectors together to reach my AV Receiver, but it still delivers the digital signal fine and sounds AWESOME.

Two stiff HDMI cords on the same port could be problematic, might tear it right off the board. Splitting them up may have been a better way to go.

Dual gigabit ethernet is pretty cool. Can make for a bad ass OSX Server or even an XSan Controller or Client box!

Disappointed in no ESATA or Thunderbolt connections. :(

Has there ever been a board with 2 PCI-e ports or 2 PCI-e + 1 PCI port? ...although, by building in the mini-pci wifi card, I guess that free's up the PCI-e port on my HD3000 CustoMac Mini...

nice borad just in mac cube!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back