Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I managed to get my Hackintosh working but noticed a strange problem: Some peripherals work on and off if using a 3rd party USB 3.0 ports. These ports are powered by a NEC/Renesas uDP720201 (Rev 3) chipset, which I am too aware that it is not very well supported here and cannot be fixed easily compared to other chipsets. Nonetheless I want to give this another shot and here is what I did:

Multibeast only (i.e. no drivers)
USB 2.0: Soundcard, webcam, game capture card do not work.
USB 3.0: Ethernet adapter work.

GenericUSBXHCI.kext
USB 2.0: Soundcard work. Webcam's audio work but no video. Game capture card do not work.
USB 3.0: Ethernet adapter do not work.

mXHCD.kext (found from other forums, said to be closest kext to the chipset)
USB 2.0: Soundcard sound distortion. Webcam's video work but no audio. Game capture card's video work but no audio
Additionally, system becomes much more unstable

7/8/9 Series USB Support
Does not change anything at all (obviously though, just wanted to put it out here first)

So, based on these results, I will like to know the following to plan my next moves:

1. Is my next step following this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/ or is there any easier steps that I have missed out?

2. Is the GenericUSBXHCI.kext in Multibeast the most updated version?

3. Is there any way to change the vendor ID of this chipset somehow?

4. Are these observed behaviour expected of third party USB 3.0 ports?

Thanks!

Hi, I managed to get my Hackintosh working but noticed a strange problem: Some peripherals work on and off if using a 3rd party USB 3.0 ports. These ports are powered by a NEC/Renesas uDP720201 (Rev 3) chipset, which I am too aware that it is not very well supported here and cannot be fixed easily compared to other chipsets. Nonetheless I want to give this another shot and here is what I did:

Multibeast only (i.e. no drivers)
USB 2.0: Soundcard, webcam, game capture card do not work.

GenericUSBXHCI.kext
USB 2.0: Soundcard work. Webcam's audio work but no video. Game capture card do not work.
USB 3.0: Ethernet adapter do not work.

mXHCD.kext (found from other forums, said to be closest kext to the chipset)
USB 2.0: Soundcard sound distortion. Webcam's video work but no audio. Game capture card's video work but no audio
Additionally, system becomes much more unstable

7/8/9 Series USB Support
Does not change anything at all (obviously though, just wanted to put it out here first)

So, based on these results, I will like to know the following to plan my next moves:

1. Is my next step following this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/ or is there any easier steps that I have missed out?

2. Is the GenericUSBXHCI.kext in Multibeast the most updated version?

3. Is there any way to change the vendor ID of this chipset somehow?

4. Are these observed behaviour expected of third party USB 3.0 ports?

Thanks!
Did you ever find a solution to your non-Intel based USB3 controllers? I too am using Renesas chipset, haven't been able to get them working...

Afraid not sadly, no one is helping for some reason that I may be missing out :(
I'm about to give a couple of things a try, I will get back to you with what I find... I'll be in touch...

Thanks! I hope things work out this time!
Tell me your build, and could you send me a picture of your System Report for your USB ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back