Contribute
Register

Perfectly Running Core i5 750 System except for...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock Z77 Pro3
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
...two things:

"Unknown nVidia Card"

and this:

Screen%20shot%202010-06-15%20at%2011.23.14%20PM.png

Both of those are really cosmetic and nitpicky, but I'd like the RAM to show at properly at least. I have 8GB of GSKILL RipJaw DDR3 RAM in the system, and they're clocked at 1333 MHz I believe, which is about 2x faster than what is being detected right now. Is there a simple plist I can edit, or is there a DSDT edit that can be applied to correct it?

Same goes for the GPU. The type and make are in my profile, as well as in the sidebar underneath my name on the left. I get full acceleration via NVEnabler, but it's a bit annoying to see it not being detected properly.

Thanks in advance,
Shiggitay

Shiggitay said:
...two things:

"Unknown nVidia Card"

and this:

Both of those are really cosmetic and nitpicky, but I'd like the RAM to show at properly at least. I have 8GB of GSKILL RipJaw DDR3 RAM in the system, and they're clocked at 1333 MHz I believe, which is about 2x faster than what is being detected right now. Is there a simple plist I can edit, or is there a DSDT edit that can be applied to correct it?

Same goes for the GPU. The type and make are in my profile, as well as in the sidebar underneath my name on the left. I get full acceleration via NVEnabler, but it's a bit annoying to see it not being detected properly.

Thanks in advance,
Shiggitay

Use GraphicsEnabler or DSDT edits to show NVIDIA info properly in Sys Profiler. Also, the RAM stuff- install any com.apple.boot.plist from MultiBeast, plus Chameleon RC4 by AsereBLN, and you'll get the proper Memory Recognition.

tonymacx86 said:
Shiggitay said:
...two things:

"Unknown nVidia Card"

and this:

Thanks in advance,
Shiggitay

Use GraphicsEnabler or DSDT edits to show NVIDIA info properly in Sys Profiler. Also, the RAM stuff- install any com.apple.boot.plist from MultiBeast, plus Chameleon RC4 by AsereBLN, and you'll get the proper Memory Recognition.

Okay, so while I'm new to Hackintoshing, I'm not new to the Mac itself, as I've been using the platform since 1988 on the Mac Plus. I'm not too good at (and I've not tried to) DSDT edit. Also, is Graphics Enabler the same as NVEnabler?

Thanks for this great resource,
Shiggitay

EDIT: Also, this is a minor annoyance, but when running OS X and only OS X my optical drive(s) constantly look for a disc to read, even when the drive is empty. Is there a solution for that?

EDIT 2: I installed the stuff and I get proper RAM recognition. YAY. Now when I go into Sys Prof it reads my GTS 250 as having a 9400 GT ROM.

This is the most perfect I've had OS X running yet!

EDIT: Also, this is a minor annoyance, but when running OS X and only OS X my optical drive(s) constantly look for a disc to read, even when the drive is empty. Is there a solution for that?
This has been reported before. If you search this site I'm sure you'll find a discussion regarding this. I don't remember the details but it might be related to LG optical drives.

Shiggitay said:
Unfortunately not... Just Beware of LG DVD Burners !

Lnx2Mac said:
Shiggitay said:
Unfortunately not... Just Beware of LG DVD Burners !

f00k. I do have an LG burner. >_> Oh well. I'll keep a disc in there when on OS X I suppose.

Shiggitay said:
I have 8GB of GSKILL RipJaw DDR3 RAM in the system, and they're clocked at 1333 MHz I believe, which is about 2x faster than what is being detected right now.

I know you fixed it already, but DDR = Double Data Rate. So when it's showing up as 667MHz, it's actually running at 1333.

Cont3stant said:
Shiggitay said:
I have 8GB of GSKILL RipJaw DDR3 RAM in the system, and they're clocked at 1333 MHz I believe, which is about 2x faster than what is being detected right now.

I know you fixed it already, but DDR = Double Data Rate. So when it's showing up as 667MHz, it's actually running at 1333.

Okay. good to know. I know it was a cosmetic issue, but it was still annoying. lol Now it shows that it's running at 1332 MHz, so all is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back