Contribute
Register

Perfect working Hackintosh laptop Asus F550l!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Prime b250m-a
CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
rx580 4gb
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all!
After a lot of time spent on this machine and on this forum, I have my perfect working MBP 11,1 (Asus F550l)

Specs:

CPU: i7-4510U
Graphics: HD-4400; Nvidia gt820m (disabled)
Ram: 8gb (upgraded)
WiFi-BT: BCM94360 (replaced)
Bootloader: OpenCore
macOS Catalina 10.15.7 (tested Big Sur on another drive and works as well as Cata)

I had a lot of issues with EDID because I broke the original screen and I had to change it, but the new display was really bugged in MacOS: the first boot after verbose mode was just a total black screen and I was in a panic but after some researches and tweaking on EDID I finally have a perfect display.
The other big problem was Power Management after patching the DSDT for battery: the laptop didn't shut down properly, also restarts were a problem and obviously sleep didn't work properly. Thanks to RehabMan's Laptop patches PM and Sleep works perfectly now!
Also audio required few DSDT patches to work perfectly with AppleALC (also with HDMI Audio), the only little problem is that the internal mic is a little low but I don't care so much about that.
Keyboard and Trackpads works flawlessly, specially trackpad. With Elan VoodooPS2Controller the trackpad is literally like on a real Mac, I personally tested it.
WiFi and BT worked after replacing the original card with a BCM94360, no tweaks needed it just worked oob. AirDrop and handoff's worked also oob.
Never had problems with iMessages FaceTime ecc..
I even have boot chime working.
This laptop with windows was really crappy but with MacOS it has a new life, I use it as main machine when I travel (I have a Desktop Hackintosh at home) and can handle Logic and FCPX really well even if is more than 6 years old.

I really hope that Hackitoshes will last even with Apple Silicon Machines... It's really funny and really useful!

If you want my EFI folder or ask me something write here :D

Hi all!
After a lot of time spent on this machine and on this forum, I have my perfect working MBP 11,1 (Asus F550l)

Specs:

macOS Catalina 10.15.7 (tested Big Sur on another drive and works as well as Cata)

I had a lot of issues with EDID because I broke the original screen and I had to change it, but the new display was really bugged in MacOS: the first boot after verbose mode was just a total black screen and I was in a panic but after some researches and tweaking on EDID I finally have a perfect display.
The other big problem was Power Management after patching the DSDT for battery: the laptop didn't shut down properly, also restarts were a problem and obviously sleep didn't work properly. Thanks to RehabMan's Laptop patches PM and Sleep works perfectly now!
Also audio required few DSDT patches to work perfectly with AppleALC (also with HDMI Audio), the only little problem is that the internal mic is a little low but I don't care so much about that.
Keyboard and Trackpads works flawlessly, specially trackpad. With Elan VoodooPS2Controller the trackpad is literally like on a real Mac, I personally tested it.
WiFi and BT worked after replacing the original card with a BCM94360, no tweaks needed it just worked oob. AirDrop and handoff's worked also oob.
This laptop with windows was really crappy but with MacOS it has a new life, I use it as main machine when I travel (I have a Desktop Hackintosh at home) and can handle Logic and FCPX really well even if is more than 6 years old.

I really hope that Hackitoshes will last even with Apple Silicon Machines... It's really funny and really useful!

i have moved your post to laptop section

ho
Hi all!

Specs:

Could you give a detailed tutorial how have you patched the EDID?

ho

Could you give a detailed tutorial how have you patched the EDID?
Yes sure,
First of all I have to say that with the original screen of my laptop I dind't have to patch EDID, it was working perfectly. The problem became when I had to change my display cause cause it broke: I had black screen after apple logo and the only way was using an external monitor, but the black screen happened only when the graphic was correctly patched (with right ig-platform-id, framebuffer etc...) so I booted the system without set the graphic and I extracted the EDID with DarwinDumper, then I used the script "patch-did.rb"; after this patch the screen was working correctly, no black screen and I also had brightness control. But there was a problem, my monitor was displayed as external monitor (even if it's a laptop built in monitor) and in fact I didn't have NightShift option.
To fix this I used "FixEDID App": re-extracted the EDID with DarwinDumper and opened it in FixEDID App, stetted up the options in the App and it generated a DisplayVendorID folder, I just replaced this folder in System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides and all works perfectly.
With Catalina you must have SIP disabled to access System library, and you can only move/delete folders via terminal; with Big Sur is a little more tricky cause Apple changed something but I managed to have everything working even in BigSur.
Hope it helped you!

Yes sure,
First of all I have to say that with the original screen of my laptop I dind't have to patch EDID, it was working perfectly. The problem became when I had to change my display cause cause it broke: I had black screen after apple logo and the only way was using an external monitor, but the black screen happened only when the graphic was correctly patched (with right ig-platform-id, framebuffer etc...) so I booted the system without set the graphic and I extracted the EDID with DarwinDumper, then I used the script "patch-did.rb"; after this patch the screen was working correctly, no black screen and I also had brightness control. But there was a problem, my monitor was displayed as external monitor (even if it's a laptop built in monitor) and in fact I didn't have NightShift option.
To fix this I used "FixEDID App": re-extracted the EDID with DarwinDumper and opened it in FixEDID App, stetted up the options in the App and it generated a DisplayVendorID folder, I just replaced this folder in System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides and all works perfectly.
With Catalina you must have SIP disabled to access System library, and you can only move/delete folders via terminal; with Big Sur is a little more tricky cause Apple changed something but I managed to have everything working even in BigSur.
Hope it helped you!
Thank you for the explanation, BTW i have fixed the issue with another patch developed for big sur scaling issue.

Hi, i have your same laptop, you can give me your kext for trackapad or your EFI? Thank.

Hello, also I've the same laptop, please, could you give me your EFI? Thank you very much

Hello, I have very similar laptop. Can you give me your EFI? I would to check your trackpad kext with mine. Thank you so much

Hi all!

Specs:

Hi, how are you? Awsome that you could make your Asus F550L work. Do you still have your EFI folder that you can share with me? I'm having issues setting it up mine. I have the same laptop as you. Thank you have a great day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back