Contribute
Register

Perfect Triple Monitors 100% Work PowerColor HD6870 on Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
kiyyto said:
I have a 5850 and like to use displayport, for some reason it was working fine before, but since I have reinstalled the OS (10.7.4) it doesn't get a picture via displayport.

Any idea?

I have no idea as you are using a different card. My PowerColor HD 6870 works perfectly with 10.7.4 without any modification.
Just Standard UserDSDT install. Nothing to change in plist file.

idk, it is weird because it was working fine before I reinstalled.

Works on Mountain Lion as well.
10.8.1 tested.

Works on Mountain Lion as well.
10.8.1 tested.

What about 10.8.2? I think will not be different (my 5770 do the same, although I'm running single monitor). I know it's old card but looks like it fits my needs and would be a medium upgrade from my HD 5770. I got a huge frustration from my new GTX 660 Ti which makes me want to stay away from Nvidia and think that AMD still more reliable when it comes to hackintosh!

I know the GTX 660 Ti none-comparable with HD 6870 but the 5770 is more than enough in my work on OS X (web design & development), I just need something more powerful for gaming on windows, the 660Ti do the gaming part perfectly, but not doing well on the OS X side which is more important for me in terms of stability and having a 100% functional system. I think the 6870 will definitely be more powerfull on gaming than the 5770 and still rock solid on OS X, what do you think?

So when I choose, sell the 660Ti and go for:
GTX 670 -- or -- HD 6870 + Samsung 23" 1920x1080 LED monitor, for almost the same money or less. I find myself vote for the second option!

Is your Sleep working?

If you use sleep: Did you check performance of your card after wakeup? I have ATI Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 1GB DDR5 PCIE VIDEO GRAPHICS CARD 100314-3L - it does not do well after wakeup. Also, it seems your card has reference layout, so the framebuffer should be Gibba (5 ports). Duckweed is similar, but only for cards with 4 ports.

Hi! Are you still using HD 6870 ? I have same card as you and I cannot make my 3rd monitor to work, can you please give me some info ?

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back