iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
DSCF1543.png

Hi everyone,

This is my new Mac Pro 3.1 case.

I bought this case from a man for 60$ (only case, fan, psu)

This case is very old, has a lot of scratches so I decided to repaint it.

Cost for paint, backplate and front panel, inox apple logo and other thing are about 70$

This backplate is inspired by new Mac Pro 2019 :lol: with 3 fans 60x60, main fe and 4 pci (matx motherboard)

I am temporarily using a hp's motherboard and i7 4770 + rx 580 and plan to i9 9900ks next year.

I use 2k paint and I think the paint is very durable, this color like space grey in macbook.

Hope you like this.
DSCF1541.png
DSCF1491.png
DSCF1495.png
DSCF1550.png
DSCF1554.png

Attachments

Love it! I'm thinking about building a system utilizing my old mac pro case. How did you cut the back; it's so neat. Paint looks great.

Motherboard
Gigabyte H110M-A
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
eMac, iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook, SE
Mobile Phone
iOS
Very cool! I like the nice clean look for the back, taking cues from the new cheese grater and the old one.

What did you use for the front panel?

Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z390 PRO GAMING
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Love it! I'm thinking about building a system utilizing my old mac pro case. How did you cut the back; it's so neat. Paint looks great.
Very cool! I like the nice clean look for the back, taking cues from the new cheese grater and the old one.

Hi,
Sorry for reply late,

There is a CNC cutting workshop near my house, and they help me cut front and backplate

I dont know how to draw with Autocad or the software like it, so I make an vector file with illustrator.

The numbers in my file are not completely right, but if you want, I will upload it for you

Attachments

Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z390 PRO GAMING
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS

I bought a power button for $2, and use an usb port from old HP case

Attachments

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD3R
CPU
i7 930
Graphics
GTX-580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi,
Sorry for reply late,

There is a CNC cutting workshop near my house, and they help me cut front and backplate

I dont know how to draw with Autocad or the software like it, so I make an vector file with illustrator.

The numbers in my file are not completely right, but if you want, I will upload it for you
I really like your solution to the MacPro problem - I'd love your plans to save reinventing the wheel. If I get it converted to Autocad I'll be happy to share on in this post also.
Great job though!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
PowerBook, Workgroup Server
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hey, this is a really nice mod thanks for sharing. I was wondering if you could tell me a little more about the type of paint you used? I'm currently redoing a case myself, but I keep running into issues with paint in that I can't find a nice shade of silver (like yours) or the nice shade I found doesn't like to actually adhere to the metal. 2k paints are for cars? Any info is appreciated. The way you have the back cut out in one black rectangle looks really good.

Motherboard
Asrock B365M Phantom Gaming
CPU
i5-9600KF
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
iOS
Congrats for your hard work :clap:, it's beautiful.

Motherboard
Gigabyte H170 Gaming 3
CPU
Core i7 6700
Graphics
Geforce GTX780
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
This is great work I am about to start my own mod. Can I ask, I need to know the internal height measurement from the floor to the shelf, and I cant find it anywhere. Do you know it?
Thanks very much

Motherboard
PlexHD X99
CPU
2678 v3
Graphics
Radeon RX 580 8Gb
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Portable
Mobile Phone
Android
This is great work I am about to start my own mod. Can I ask, I need to know the internal height measurement from the floor to the shelf, and I cant find it anywhere. Do you know it?
Thanks very much
max height for motherboard - 285mm