Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello, soon I' going to build my first machine. I would like it to run snow leopard without anny issue, just as my macbook pro, so I would like to go for the best possible hardware setup, that will ensure problem free snow leopard, that will be compatible with made for mac peripherals, and won't have any problem with connectitvity. In addition to the osx, I'm going to have windows. Thats more or less, what I would like to buy:

Processor: INTEL Sandy Bridge CORE i7 2600K 3.4GHz
Motherboard: Not sure which one is the most compatible, need advice
Graphics: Asus EAH5870/2DIS/1GD5
Ram: CORSAIR XMS3 8GB 2x4GB 1600MHz CL9
Optical Drive: Sony AD-7260S (can't find AD-7241S-0B)
Boot Hard Drive: OCZ Vertex 2 Solid State Drive 120gb
Secondary Hard Drive: SAMSUNG SPINPOINT 1TB
WiFi card : need advice

Suggestions are more than welcome! :)

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for your reply, I have read your thread about building power sandy bridge hackintosh (great post ;) ), and that's what I've came up with so far:

Processor: INTEL Sandy Bridge CORE i7 2600K 3.4GHz
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 PRO (REV 3.0) LGA 1155
Graphics: XFX HD-687A-ZNFC Radeon HD 6870
Ram: CORSAIR 8GB 2x4GB 1600MHz CL9
Optical Drive: Sony optiarc AD-7260S
Boot Hard Drive: OCZ VERTEX 2 SSD 3,5" 120GB
Secondary Hard Drive: SAMSUNG SPINPOINT 1TB
WiFi card : need advice

What do you think about that? Is there any working pci wifi card?

Nice machine eelhead :thumbup: Now I'm thinking of getting mac pro case as well! Your guide seems to be complete and very helpful, but i7-950 is slower than 2600k, and they have pretty much the same price tag in my country, so 2600k would be better. I've got couple questions, is everything on your mac causing any problems, i.e usb's, sleep, etc? Also why have you chosen the i7-950 over 2600k?

Thanks!!
Hopefully soon I will have an easy reference guide on the basics of a G5 mod. Do's and don'ts in a sense lol.

Well the only thing is it doesn't go to a timed sleep, monitor does turn off but system fans still run. It does go to sleep and wake when I put it to sleep and then wake with no issues.

I did the i7 950 X58A board because it was before full Sandy Bridge support. I also am a gamer so I went with this set up and ram to OC once I get better understanding of the inner settings.

So far I am happy with the set up and speed of this machine, of course I was coming from a 6 year old iMac lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back