Contribute
Register

Peculiar Problem – Can launch by bypassing Clover using external drive, but not on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Prime Z370-A
CPU
i7-8700k
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey All,

This is a pretty strange one. I had a bunch of problems with the 10.15.5 update, but it looked like I may have finally solved them. I removed my SSD from its tower, put it in an enclosure, plugged it into my laptop and booted there. It worked totally fine. When I put the drive back into my tower, it had the same problem as before, which is that after the Apple loading screen went on for a bit, the screen went totally blank. I even tried using the enclosure on the Hackintosh and that didn't work either.

The only thing I can think of is that on the laptop, I booted directly from the drive using the option key, rather than through Clover.

Any ideas?

Motherboard: Asus Prime Z370a
RAM: 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 2333 MhZ
2 TB Crucial SSD
Using two monitors, and HDMI (Samsung TV) and a DVI (Apple Cinema Display)

Attached is my EFI folder as well.

Thanks!

Attachments

• EFI 62520.zip
    25.4 MB · Views: 31
I'm really hoping that someone can help me with this. I've tried a bunch of different things. I'd be happy to just downgrade back to 10.15.4, but I can't seem to get that to work either! When I download the package and try and run it, it says that the hard drive doesn't meet the requirements to be installed on it. I would use the whole app, but I can't find the 10.15.4 app online anywhere. I really need this to be working for my business and I'm getting pretty nervous.

I've tried disabling certain kexts, none of which fixed the problem. I tried several other bootflags that didn't help. When I ran verbose mode at one point I got the attached screenshot

Attachments

• IMG_3087.JPG
    IMG_3087.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 20
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back