GIGABYTE ATI Radeon HD6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I installed successfully Lion on my new Hackintosh :headbang: I don't have a graphics card so I learned that by typing "PCIRootUID=0" I can boot up (please note that GraphicsEnabler=0 didn't work for me) Anyway, now everything is working fine, I installed everything I need. The only thing left I guess is getting rid of having to type the mentioned command overtime I boot up. Any suggestions?
thanks in advance

cfsist said:
Hello,
I installed successfully Lion on my new Hackintosh :headbang: I don't have a graphics card so I learned that by typing "PCIRootUID=0" I can boot up (please note that GraphicsEnabler=0 didn't work for me) Anyway, now everything is working fine, I installed everything I need. The only thing left I guess is getting rid of having to type the mentioned command overtime I boot up. Any suggestions?
thanks in advance
Add it into your org.chameleon.boot.plist in /Extra Folder under Kernel Flags

BTW...must be GraphicsEnabler=yes or no ;)

I am having this exact same problem... I typed in this:

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>0</string>

Into org.chameleon.boot.plist and it still won't boot without me physically typing it in each time...

Please am I doing something wrong?

i am also having the same problem and i'm not using a graphics card.
I have to type in PCIRootUID=0

I noticed that there is an option in multi beast under customization/Boot Options/PCI Root ID Fix

says that it adds "PCIRootUID=1" to kernel flags in /extra/ org.chaneleon.Boot.plist

will this work? i have to type in 0 but this says it will put in a 1?

punkace said:
i am also having the same problem and i'm not using a graphics card.
I have to type in PCIRootUID=0

I noticed that there is an option in multi beast under customization/Boot Options/PCI Root ID Fix

says that it adds "PCIRootUID=1" to kernel flags in /extra/ org.chaneleon.Boot.plist

will this work? i have to type in 0 but this says it will put in a 1?
Use the fix to add the key, then open org.chameleon.boot.plist in text editor and change the 1 to a zero. You may have to copy the .plist to your desktop, edit it and then copy it back to /Extra.
Don't forget to repair permissions before rebooting.

bs1000oldq said:

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>0</string>

Into org.chameleon.boot.plist and it still won't boot without me physically typing it in each time...

That's strange...i assume your org.chameleon.Boot.plist is stored in /Extra and not somewhere else?

bs1000oldq said:

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>0</string>

wrong way to insert it. Try it this way:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back