Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Noob - Just got my machine up and running, now I'm running performance tests, tweaking settings, etc. A couple big concerns for are:
My graphic card width is showing x8 - but it's installed in x16. The card is a nVidia GT240 with 1GB DDR5. I read on the boards to disable to turbo under sata3 and usb3 to fix this. I don't have those settings in my bios at all. I have a gigabyte z68mx-ud2h-b3 (f4). The closest thing I could find was F_USB30 Controller, R_USB30 Controller, and GSATA3 Controller. I tried disabling them, but still got x8, so I turned them back on (didn't want to mess up other settings). I have four slots - the top is x16 (which the card is installed in), the next is x1, then x8, and x4. The only other thing I have installed is my diy airport card in the x4 slot - can't put in x1, as the graphic card takes up two slots.

Any advice for this noob?

I wonder if I can get it changed to x16, if that will help my fps rating in cinebench? Right now, I'm only getting 13.9 - with that card, you would think I should be able to get higher than that.

So, I tried unplugging my airport card and then the graphics card did show up as x16. However, the fps is the same - 13.9. So is there really any advantage to having x16 over x8? If so, examples? And if so, how can I make slot 1 stay x16 while plugging in my airport to the x4 slot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back