Contribute
Register

PCIe / Wifi module / GPU conundrum

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Superbogey Itlwm is not just a driver for Intel wifi cards, it also implements a large portion of an 80211 wifi stack which also needs support for AX wifi. It was a pretty big undertaking to add 5ghz/ac support, and I'm sure it will be for AX as well. The driver is not intentionally hobbled for no reason, it isn't ready yet. Frankly, I'm still amazed we have an Intel wifi driver in the first place!

@Superbogey The wifi part indeed works, but the bluetooth attached to it is more sketchy, and I need it.

Besides, even if using the CNVI would be very neat, it doesn't solve the mystery of the living dead PCIe slot/card. And I would love to have the answer to that problem ;)

@Superbogey The wifi part indeed works, but the bluetooth attached to it is more sketchy, and I need it.

Besides, even if using the CNVI would be very neat, it doesn't solve the mystery of the living dead PCIe slot/card. And I would love to have the answer to that problem ;)

Did you install the new adaptor yet? Is it working?

@Superbogey Itlwm is not just a driver for Intel wifi cards, it also implements a large portion of an 80211 wifi stack which also needs support for AX wifi. It was a pretty big undertaking to add 5ghz/ac support, and I'm sure it will be for AX as well. The driver is not intentionally hobbled for no reason, it isn't ready yet. Frankly, I'm still amazed we have an Intel wifi driver in the first place!
Thanks for the explanation. I had just assumed that WiFi 4, 5, & 6/6E was all coded into the kexts at the same time and 802.11ax was not enabled for either non-functionality or functionality-inhibiting bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back