Contribute
Register

PCIe Half Mini questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I made a little progress. I put the FakePCIID kexts into the EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11 folder. That didn't work so I opened up config.plist in TextWrangler and pasted the code from USB Fixes thread, and after a restart, Bluetooth seems to be working now. Not really the thing I wanted to get working, but I'll take it!

Question, is there any rhyme or reason why there are kext files in both /S/L/E, AND, in the kext folder on the EFI boot volume? Should I consolidate them into one place, or is there a purpose to the different locations?

Also, I ran the terminal command to list any unsigned kexts in /S/L/E, and got this:

Screen Shot 2015-12-31 at 9.49.43 AM.png

Should I be concerned about the ones that say "allowing", and should I investigate the ones with missing dependencies?

Ok, I made a little progress. I put the FakePCIID kexts into the EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11 folder. That didn't work so I opened up config.plist in TextWrangler and pasted the code from USB Fixes thread, and after a restart, Bluetooth seems to be working now. Not really the thing I wanted to get working, but I'll take it!

No idea which specific fixes you're referring to... but if your BT device was no on the USB bus (eg. USB not working correctly), then it is not surprising BT wasn't working until you fixed it. The BT device is on USB, so you need working USB as a pre-req before BrcmPatchRAM can work.

FakePCIID has nothing to do with bluetooth.

Question, is there any rhyme or reason why there are kext files in both /S/L/E, AND, in the kext folder on the EFI boot volume? Should I consolidate them into one place, or is there a purpose to the different locations?

With FakeSMC.kext installed to /S/L/E (or /L/E) and config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect, EFI/Clover/kexts are injected when booting recovery and the installer (because FakeSMC is not in kernel cache). When booting your main install (where FakeSMC is in kernel cache), they are not used.

Should I be concerned about the ones that say "allowing", and should I investigate the ones with missing dependencies?

The errors with block storage are because you used trimforce.

Is that trim function a setting I can select in Clover Configurator?

Also, and not that it matters because it's purely cosmetic, but no matter what screen resolution I select within "GUI" tab of Clover Config, all the Clover and OS X boot screens are stretched. I had fixed this once under Chameleon before. Is there a definitive guide for fixing this? And, why isn't this value in GUI within CC not being recognized?

Back on topic, I've pretty much given up on getting this Broadcom BCM94360CD to work. Bluetooth is working, but need WIFI. I know the answer is in the guide, and I've read it so many times my eyes are glazed over. I know the answer is in there, but because of the way it's laid out, I can't parse out what I need.

Thanks for all your help, btw.

Is that trim function a setting I can select in Clover Configurator?

The patch is in my plist files linked from my Clover laptop guide.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

Also, and not that it matters because it's purely cosmetic, but no matter what screen resolution I select within "GUI" tab of Clover Config, all the Clover and OS X boot screens are stretched. I had fixed this once under Chameleon before. Is there a definitive guide for fixing this? And, why isn't this value in GUI within CC not being recognized?

Use a stretched theme to compensate.

Back on topic, I've pretty much given up on getting this Broadcom BCM94360CD to work. Bluetooth is working, but need WIFI. I know the answer is in the guide, and I've read it so many times my eyes are glazed over. I know the answer is in there, but because of the way it's laid out, I can't parse out what I need.

BCM94360 WiFi is supported natively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back