Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS PRIME Z390-P
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX580
I have Hack on Asus Prime z390 and i9 CPU on CATALINA and it is very stable machine. I have one problem that my AVID HD Native Pcie card sometimes is not detected. I added card to PCIE Devices in config.plist and once time in five it is not recognised and disappear in system raport under PCI. I must say that when card is recognised it works with no problem. I just updated to Opencore 0.7.8, but that was no fix for that problem. It was no happened before on my previous real Mac Pro 5.1. Next to HD Native card I have also Blackmagic Intesity Pro (with is recognised all the time) and firewire card (the some), that two cards I did'n add to Devices in config and I don't see it on PCI devices under system report.

I have ran into the same problem with my HD Native card and I found the only fix was to reinstall the HD driver with SIP disabled so the OS will prompt to allow the DigiDal.kext to be loaded.

Alternatively if this doesn't work you can load the driver manually with this command in the terminal and the HD Native driver will load: "sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/DigiDal.kext"

Hope this helps.

Thank You for your answer. The problem is that when Mac os not recognising my HD Native card it is not show on PCI devices. It is not showed in hackintool aswell under PCIe. I just tried to load driver with terminal but it doesn't work. Nothing happend :/ Only available fix is to restart system. When card start working and I checking it in hackintool under Device name I have "???????".

Thank You for your answer. The problem is that when Mac os not recognising my HD Native card it is not show on PCI devices. It is not showed in hackintool aswell under PCIe. I just tried to load driver with terminal but it doesn't work. Nothing happend :/ Only available fix is to restart system. When card start working and I checking it in hackintool under Device name I have "???????".
Yeah I've noticed the card doesn't show up in the PCI section in SysInfo either after installation but you can make it show up by adding it in Device Properties in your OC config file. It will show up in the PCI device list in OpenCore Configurator

Last edited:
The some situation here. What Macos version You using? And I understand that after reinstaling HD driver with SIP disable now your card working all the time ?

The some situation here. What Macos version You using? And I understand that after reinstaling HD driver with SIP disable now your card working all the time ?
I've been running the latest versions of Big Sur. It has stopped working with OS updates but there is a fix I found that works:

"i. Open Terminal from /Applications/Utilities and enter the following command (followed by the password):

sudo touch /Library/Extensions

ii. Restart the computer and boot into Recovery by holding down CMD-R.

iii. Once in recovery, open the Terminal utility and enter the following command (this assumes the name of the system volume is "Macintosh HD"; if not adjust accordingly):

kmutil trigger-panic-medic --volume-root “/Volumes/Macintosh HD”

iv. Restart the computer back into macOS, open Terminal and enter the following command:

sudo kmutil load -p /Library/Extensions/DigiDal.kext

v. Go to System Preferences and see if it prompts to “Allow” the driver to load, then restart the computer once again."

If you want the card to show up in the PCI section in System Information you need to add it as a device in Device Properties in your OC config file.

I've been running the latest versions of Big Sur. It has stopped working with OS updates but there is a fix I found that works:

"i. Open Terminal from /Applications/Utilities and enter the following command (followed by the password):

sudo touch /Library/Extensions

ii. Restart the computer and boot into Recovery by holding down CMD-R.

iii. Once in recovery, open the Terminal utility and enter the following command (this assumes the name of the system volume is "Macintosh HD"; if not adjust accordingly):

kmutil trigger-panic-medic --volume-root “/Volumes/Macintosh HD”

iv. Restart the computer back into macOS, open Terminal and enter the following command:

sudo kmutil load -p /Library/Extensions/DigiDal.kext

v. Go to System Preferences and see if it prompts to “Allow” the driver to load, then restart the computer once again."

If you want the card to show up in the PCI section in System Information you need to add it as a device in Device Properties in your OC config file.
You sir... just saved my ASS. Thank you for posting this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back