Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H - F8
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
HD4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I'd like to buy this card: BCM94360NG NGFF M.2 2230 WiFi Card, except my motherboard does not have any M.2 slots.

is there some kind of adaptor that I could use to plug it into a PCIE slot? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

This card from Amazon looks as though it would work with the BMC943600NG WiFi/BT card.

It is a standard PCIe x1 adapter with a USB cable connector for the Bluetooth connection, which will work in any motherboard with a spare PCIe slot and Internal USB2 header.

Thanks for the excellent suggestion, but you know my question was a stupid one, cos my board does have an m2 slot after all. I hurriedly checked in a dark room without sufficient light: (I wish this forum would allow you to delete posts sometimes.)

It does seem to be the perfect device though and I may just get it to free up the M2 slot for storage instead. Thanks!

Last edited:
You need to understand the following:
  • M.2 drives for WiFi/BT devices are socket 1.
  • M.2 drives for OS/Data drives are socket 3.
The two different socket types are not interchangeable.

So, a WiFi card will not work in a socket 3 connector and an NVME drive will not work in a socket 1 connector.

The Fenvi T919's are good cards, should work out of the box in macOS.

Yes that's what I hear, and this way even I won't be able to mess up the installation, unless I plug the USB cable into the 1394 header or something...

Yeah, you don't want to do that. Could seriously damage your motherboard.

Well I was just kidding, based on my record of mistakes in this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back