Graphics
Gigabyte
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I put together my first build last night and WOW, it was a stunning success and everything is running great. The only thing I'm unhappy with is the speed of my USB wifi adapter. I'd like to get a PCI adapter, but I can't seem to find any info on which ones are compatible.

Sorry if this question has been asked before...feel free to link me to relevant previous conversations :)

Specs are in my profile.

TP-LINK WDN4800, is which you want.

Mate94 said:

Thanks for the response. For $45 on newegg, I can't pass up that one. Two reviewers said it worked out of the box in OSX. The first option looks to cost the same and involve more work, but thanks for the suggestion.

dyerseve726 said:
Mate94 said:

Thanks for the response. For $45 on newegg, I can't pass up that one. Two reviewers said it worked out of the box in OSX. The first option looks to cost the same and involve more work, but thanks for the suggestion.

The first option is only about $20 shipped, and takes less than 5 minutes to put together. To each their own I guess.

Just wanted to drop in and say that that TP Link card dropped right in and worked, no problem. Thanks for the advice :)

Gordo74 said:
The first option is only about $20 shipped, and takes less than 5 minutes to put together. To each their own I guess.

I wasn't ragging on your advice. After reading through the directions, I just decided I'd rather spend a little more to have something that worked OOB. It's nice to not have to fiddle around with things sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back