Graphics
Nvidia 240 fanless
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello I just upgraded a hackintosh I'm building for my sister and the WIFI PCI card won't work in LION (it was working perfectly in SnowLeopard). I installed Lion over SL didn't work then I did a clean install of lion and didn't work either.
I try installing the PCI ROOT FIX from multi beast no luck.

This is the model of the card.
Belkin F5D7001 PCI Yes(32+x64) 10.6.7 Uses broadcom chipset. recognised as airport card OOB

any help will be appreciated thank you

bump.. can Anyone give me a clue where to start to fix this problem

anyone knows if my issue may be because apple drop support to some wireless cards, or took some drivers off in LION?

Apple has been known to drop support for some Broadcom cards in the past. It's all about the device ID and which ones Apple allow with each update. There may be a custom kext available, or alternatively it might be possible to rebrand your card so that it appears to OSX to be a supported card. Sadly I cant help with either solution I'm afraid.

I tend to play it safe and use an actual airport card in a PCIE adaptor. There's a link on how to make it in my signature if you are interested.

got the blue 7001, yeh?
ive got the same card. works fine in lion 10.7.1

yes I red about making a apple pci-e card but that's the issue I don't have any more pci-e port available my mobo just have 1 and the video card is using it.

ahh men that card used to work great in SnowLeopard

Keep digging around mate. It's possible someone may have found a fix. Have you tried using the search function on this forum for your particular card?

What is the exact model of your card if you dont mind me asking?

samisnake said:
got the blue 7001, yeh?

invisible mode- ON

samisnake said:
samisnake said:
got the blue 7001, yeh?

invisible mode- ON

what do u mean by invisible mode- ON?

By the way I pulled my CARD out my is not blue is a light gray, (F5D7001) BroadComChip# BCM4306KFB.

I'm gonna keep googling this 2 to see if I find a fix.

I'll report back if I do find one.

Thanks guys

Has anyone come up with a fix for Belkin F5D7001? with Lion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back