Contribute
Register

PCI/PCI-E Expansion Compatible with OSX and Gigabyte Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
It shouldn't really matter, if it is recognised in Maverick OS X, then support should still be there, it is if the card itself can handle a different OS, but you computer should.

Did you find a good solution? What would you suggest for fast internal drives for video editing in Premiere ?
SSD Bootdrive of course, but for the rest? Media, previews, cache, exports on different drives.
I don't prefer RAID 0 (as things might break ) Would a 500 GB SSD for cache, be good? And leave the Media drive just as it is (1x 3TB Barracuda 7200)? Or will it be too slow for AVCHD (28-70 Mps)?
THNX
I am a video editor with Final Cut Pro X and Premiere. On my Hackintosh i found that an SSD should hold your OS and Applications, while a HDD holds all of your files. but what i have setup right now is kind of what i call a Ram setup, this is where i will have a reasonable sized SSD, maybe 100-120GB and the projects i am working on i will drag over, then once i am done i will format or erase the drive and keep going. It sounds like a lengthy process but its working well, keep HDD as storage and SSD for OS and apps and you'll be fine. Your HDD should handle that codec and bitrate, as long as your actual colour bitrate is 8, maybe 10bit and you are running at 4.2.2 on your pixel codec the drive should be able to keep up, anything higher and you'll need an SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back