Contribute
Register

PCI-E USB 3.0 card with 100% native Mac OS X 10.9.3 Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
The card is working very well.

The problem was due to my PCI-E 1 which were inhibited. I put my GC into the PCI-E X4 slot which inhibit the 2 PCI-E 1
GC in now onto the X16 slot and PCI-E 1 work perfectly.
The drawback (which explain the problem) is the lack of the PCI-E 1 slot which is to close from the CG card and cant be used.
So the choice to make is between a WIFI card and an USB card...
Hope this be usefull

Hi ! Very useful actually, cause I have troubles making my usb audio device works properly on the native usb ports of my Motherboard, so I'm gonna give a shot at this PCIE usb card to see if it solves the problem, as I'm running on Yosemite too, I'm glad you posted that !

I'll update you soon to tell if all this work !

Cheers and happy new year :)

Fresco FL1009 based ORICO PFU3-2P works OOB in 10.10.2 hack

I installed a ORICO PFU3-4P PCIe usb3 card. Plug the aux power and all USB ports worked fine but the system freezes every few minutes. Also frezzes without any usb3 device conected in the card ports. Unplug the card and the system worked again.
NO problem with the USB3 ports from the MB

any advice?

3,4ghz i7-4770
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H
GTX 760

I don't know what the issue may be but the thing about your question that seemed odd was the mention of motherboard USB 3 ports....if you're using the same card mentioned by the OP, I don't think it has any. Maybe you have the wrong card?

If not, maybe your issue is similar to mine:

I'm using the came card as the OP mentioned (ORICO PFU3-4P) on a Gigabyte GA X58A UD3R board with a core i7 950 and 12 GB RAM, OS X 10.8.5.

The card works natively, no drivers needed.

I was able to connect three USB 3.0 drives to it and a USB 3.0 CF card reader and things were good until I started copying large amounts (100GB +) of data from one USB 3 drive to internal drives....it will go for a while..sometimes 50GB, sometimes 5GB, then it will hang up with a 'some of the data cannot be read or written' error.
It seemed to be happening with the two middle ports mostly, so I switched to the far right port and viola, everything was great....hundreds and hundreds of gigs copied without an issue....for a couple hours...then it started again.

I've contacted ORICO to see if maybe it's a defective card.

Thanks, This works perfectly in my Z68 board OSX 10.10.3. Just dropped it in, no messing with drivers. Generic USB still in.

Hi ! Very useful actually, cause I have troubles making my usb audio device works properly on the native usb ports of my Motherboard, so I'm gonna give a shot at this PCIE usb card to see if it solves the problem, as I'm running on Yosemite too, I'm glad you posted that !

I'll update you soon to tell if all this work !

Cheers and happy new year :)

Sorry, I know you posted quite awhile ago, but... any luck with this?

I'm considering this card to try to correct a similar issue. I have a USB headset that I think might be suffering from poorly shielded or unshielded USB ports. Did this card affect your audio equipment in any way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back