GTX 285
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,
I have my Yosemite Hackintosh running on ASUS P7P55D motherboard with Intel i7 860 CPU but the onboard Realtek 8112L Gigabit LAN does not support jumbo frames and WOL.

I would like to buy a cheap PCI-E card that supports Jumbo Frames (must have) and WOL (if possible). Is there any?

Thank you :)

Last edited:
Another question, that card is based on Realtek Chipset RTL8111E, is that chipset native supported by OSX?
If yes, any card based on the same chipset will do the work?
Kext for Realtek RTL81xx is in MultiBeast. This is same NIC I have on my -UD7 board.
Any brand card using this NIC should work OK. Could also be 8111D or 8169 and still work

Kext for Realtek RTL81xx is in MultiBeast. This is same NIC I have on my -UD7 board.
Any brand card using this NIC should work OK. Could also be 8111D or 8169 and still work

I know that kext because I am using it right now for my Realtek 8112L but I do not get Jumbo Frame and WOL support...
Does the same kext provide such functionality only for the 8111D/E and 8169?

I know that kext because I am using it right now for my Realtek 8112L but I do not get Jumbo Frame and WOL support...
Does the same kext provide such functionality only for the 8111D/E and 8169?
Never had the need to use Jumbo Frame and I don't do WOL, so couldn't say for sure.
For that card, it was one on a recommended list some time ago that I bookmarked to use if my onboard NICs quit on me. So far, both still work.

Never had the need to use Jumbo Frame and I don't do WOL, so couldn't say for sure.
For that card, it was one on a recommended list some time ago that I bookmarked to use if my onboard NICs quit on me. So far, both still work.

Could you please check on your network settings>advanced what is the largest possible setting for the MTU? If it is larger than 1500 then your chipset supports Jumbo Frames. Mine is 1500 so no Jumbo Frames...

Could you please check on your network settings>advanced what is the largest possible setting for the MTU? If it is larger than 1500 then your chipset supports Jumbo Frames. Mine is 1500 so no Jumbo Frames...
Mine is also 1500, but my chip is 8168D/8111D as seen in the POST when it initializes. Wonder what driver the card is using for the OEM to say it supports Jumbo Frames?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back