Contribute
Register

Pci configuration begin...possible RAM issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z490I Aorus Ultra
CPU
i9 10850K
Graphics
GTX580
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I have searched and attempted to troubleshoot this issue for months, and it seems to me like this is an issue that has potentially not come up, as I have never been able to find anyone else who has had the same issue.

I can successfully boot my system, and everything seems to be functioning as it should...so long as I'm using ONE, 2gb stick of RAM. But the second I try and use more than one, or one or more 4gb or more gb sticks it will freeze at the white apple logo screen. I've installed and seated everything properly, triple channel matched RAM is what is recommended, but no combination works. I currently own t.skill Ripjaws, Corsair Vengeance, Corsair XMS3 (the 2gb stick that works), and some generic 8Gb Ballistix sticks. I believe they are all 9-9-9-24 @ 1.50v except the one that boots, which is 1.65v. I'm using an EVGA Sr-2 mobo, which I know to be finicky with ram, but again, the board reads it consistently.

Am I just missing something obvious? Has anyone else seen anything like this? I've been wracking my brain for the better part of the last 2 months trying to find a fix. Any help would be much appreciated. I just finished trying my system on a second sr-2 motherboard. Same result. I am so confused.

So I have searched and attempted to troubleshoot this issue for months, and it seems to me like this is an issue that has potentially not come up, as I have never been able to find anyone else who has had the same issue.

I can successfully boot my system, and everything seems to be functioning as it should...so long as I'm using ONE, 2gb stick of RAM. But the second I try and use more than one, or one or more 4gb or more gb sticks it will freeze at the white apple logo screen. I've installed and seated everything properly, triple channel matched RAM is what is recommended, but no combination works. I currently own t.skill Ripjaws, Corsair Vengeance, Corsair XMS3 (the 2gb stick that works), and some generic 8Gb Ballistix sticks. I believe they are all 9-9-9-24 @ 1.50v except the one that boots, which is 1.65v. I'm using an EVGA Sr-2 mobo, which I know to be finicky with ram, but again, the board reads it consistently.

Am I just missing something obvious? Has anyone else seen anything like this? I've been wracking my brain for the better part of the last 2 months trying to find a fix. Any help would be much appreciated. I just finished trying my system on a second sr-2 motherboard. Same result. I am so confused.

type 'npci=0x3000' in chimera boot screen. that will get you past this error :)

I've tried many, many bootflags, and I think I've tried that one as well. But I am testing once again right now.
Do you have any idea what causes this? Or how a boot flag like that can bypass it?

Just as I thought, I still get the hang :cry:
I don't understand what about my build could even potentially cause this. Am I just relegated to using 2Gb of ram? I've even been trying to boot off my USB recovery drive to bypass any potential issues relating to my DSDT, but still nothing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back