GTX 560 Phantom
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hey,

I installed snow leopard (vanilla) in dual boot with win 8.1 on my pc. I boots up fine even without any bootflags, atleast the first time. After installing the combo update so i can update to mavericks it gets stuck on the following:
Code:
[pci configuration begin]
i tried bootflags:
-PCIRootUID=1
-PCIRootUID=1 -npci=0x2000
-PCIRootUID=1 -npci=0x1000
-npci=0x1000 -x

all with -v of course. But it doesn't help.
My system is set to AHCI and HPET to 64bit mode. Motherboard is a Lanparty DFI X58-T3eH8 and my graphics card is a gtx 560. Cpu is a i7-920 slightly overclocked but supra-stable.

I would appreciate any help to get my system up and running :D

hey,

I installed snow leopard (vanilla) in dual boot with win 8.1 on my pc. I boots up fine even without any bootflags, atleast the first time. After installing the combo update so i can update to mavericks it gets stuck on the following:
Code:
[pci configuration begin]
i tried bootflags:
-PCIRootUID=1
-PCIRootUID=1 -npci=0x2000
-PCIRootUID=1 -npci=0x1000
-npci=0x1000 -x

all with -v of course. But it doesn't help.
My system is set to AHCI and HPET to 64bit mode. Motherboard is a Lanparty DFI X58-T3eH8 and my graphics card is a gtx 560. Cpu is a i7-920 slightly overclocked but supra-stable.

I would appreciate any help to get my system up and running :D

Apfelring

OSX Snow Leopard has no support for the GTX 560 series GFX you need to get an older card.

Or

Upgrade to OSX Mavericks.

Oh, that explains that part. So iI will try to install mavericks directly. Thanks for the information!

Oh, that explains that part. So iI will try to install mavericks directly. Thanks for the information!

Try with -v -f PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Try with -v -f PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Going Bald...

Not sure I understand that PCIRootUID=0 ... part!

But this Motherboard has NO internal gfx. only slot drivin... just to say....

I mean the kernel will probe for a video hardware and even if its in 1st slot of the PCIe buss - it will just ignore the command to use it - PCIRootUID=0 - and use the GFX pointers and hardware address for the PCIe Card .... or am I all wet here.....

Given the age of this Motherboard it could be that he has a worn out default video slot...

Apfelring...

The most compatible video cards of the day were the EVGA 8400GS cards ... if you can lay your hands on one of those then try that card just in case... check friends and family for older computers... also some electronic salvage companies or Computer stores that take in older hardware headed for the bone yard.

We have a video card data base which was done for SL.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php/Graphics_Card_Database

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back