Contribute
Register

PCH Die at 127 Celsius ??? 10.9 Gigabyte B75M-D3H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to suggest checking in windows with speedfan for others who experience this.
I did and it also reported 127 Celsius. So I read up further on this and it seems that the coding for the values makes it so the temp scale goes from -127 to 127, when the sensor or monitor has a problem the value reported has a tendency to fall at either extreme

In my case it seems that the issue is the sensor which means my motherboard is pretty useless as a silent rig using my new Swiftech h220x PWM controlled pump.

I have a couple weeks on my warranty, so hopefully just in the knick…

If someone knows any tricks or a likely culprit for the origin of the problem I would be appreciative.

My first build and everything was working fine. After a few hours a large whirring noise started and I think it is because of the PSU fan. I have a Corsair CS550M and the GA-Z87N mobo. Things were nice and quiet for a few hours, but now it started making noise and won't stop. Now when I turn it off and on it still makes noise. I think it is because the PCH Die is stuck at 127ºC in HWMonitor. Is that correct? If so, what should I do?

I bought the PSU used on ebay. Not sure if I should return it or if it is because of the PCH Die sensor glitch.

I'm reading this in 2017, 3 years after the last comment and still 127!

Same here ...well close at 120 deg C. Must still be a bug that has yet to be squashed.

Mine is showing 73 Celsius for the PCH die, while all other cpu temps are 10 - 15 range. I have a working Corsair H105 on it and cpu isn't under any load.

Still the same in October 2017 on my Gigabyte Q170-D3H board with Kaby Lake i3-7350.

I have a big BeQuiet Shadow Rock Slim cooler, I used my Pentium's stock cooler before, I installed HWMonitor yesterday after replacing the cooler. The PCH temp was constant 127C, today is 73C. (The trend is good, I'll check tomorrow as well :) )

Seems it's a bug and probably at the Gigabyte side as everybody has Gigabyte board here.

With this cooler should not be 127C if everything else is fine, for me the die temps are 35-70C with no case fan - except on the GPU

Still the same in October 2017 on my Gigabyte Q170-D3H board with Kaby Lake i3-7350.

I have a big BeQuiet Shadow Rock Slim cooler, I used my Pentium's stock cooler before, I installed HWMonitor yesterday after replacing the cooler. The PCH temp was constant 127C, today is 73C. (The trend is good, I'll check tomorrow as well :) )

Seems it's a bug and probably at the Gigabyte side as everybody has Gigabyte board here.

With this cooler should not be 127C if everything else is fine, for me the die temps are 35-70C with no case fan - except on the GPU

Yeah, I've never used HWMonitor until today so glad I found this thread. On my GigaByte X150M-PRO-ECC the PCH temp in HWMonitor is mostly stuck at 73c but I occasionally see 127c. Since those are the two temps that people with some GigaByte boards seem to bee seeing, I'm sure it's just a bug and not worried. My UEFI shows 45c for this which sounds about right.

to_rob2, my board is using IT8628E. Too bad it's not the same as yours which seems to be working fine. Oh well, no biggie.

Mine is showing 73 Celsius for the PCH die, while all other cpu temps are 10 - 15 range. I have a working Corsair H105 on it and cpu isn't under any load.

I have this problem when I upgraded to Catalina recently. I am on the GA-Z170-HD3P, which is a close cousin of your board. Even odder that the board did actually get hot, I plugged in a USB drive for about 10 minutes, plugging out a warm to the touch drive after. I could fix my USB issues, but running the system with a hot mobo isn't good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back