CPU
i3-12100F
Graphics
RX 550
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all hope you're keeping well, it has been a while Since my last post, I am looking for some help with a new build, I have a gigabyte motherboard GA-Z68AP-D3, Intel i5 3470S, 8gb mem I have made a USB install for lion The problem I am having is that on boot up from the installer it crashes within a couple seconds I have included a photograph of where it's up to before restarting, I have tried the usual boot flags in different combinations, -v -x -s cpus=1 -f dart=0 npci=0x2000 and npci=0x3000 any help will be very much appreciated

Bazza

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 45
1. The Chameleon bootloader is too old to use now and a little uncomfortable to use.
I recommend using the latest version of Clover r5119 without OC integration.

2. If you have the following items in your computer's BIOS settings, please set them to Enabled.
  • Execute Disable Bit (EDB)
  • NX (No eXecute) Memory Protection
  • XD Execute Disable Bit
  • Data Execution Protection
  • Memory Execution Protection

3. -s boot arg doesn't seem to need to be used.

4. The Intel HD Graphics 2500 iGPU does not support full QE/CI acceleration.

I made an EFI folder that fits your computer specification with the Clover r5119 version.
Replace with the EFI folder attached below and try rebooting.

Attachments

• EFI-Z68-IVB.zip
    6 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
I have made a USB install for lion The problem I am having is that on boot up from the installer it crashes within a couple seconds
Why Lion ? It's from 2011 and is long out of support. I would install something much newer (High Sierra or newer) and get a supported AMD graphics card. You'll need to have an up to date supported browser to do anything on the internet today.

1. The Chameleon bootloader is too old to use now and a little uncomfortable to use.
I recommend using the latest version of Clover r5119 without OC integration.

2. If you have the following items in your computer's BIOS settings, please set them to Enabled.
  • Execute Disable Bit (EDB)
  • NX (No eXecute) Memory Protection
  • XD Execute Disable Bit
  • Data Execution Protection
  • Memory Execution Protection

3. -s boot arg doesn't seem to need to be used.

4. The Intel HD Graphics 2500 iGPU does not support full QE/CI acceleration.

I made an EFI folder that fits your computer specification with the Clover r5119 version.
Replace with the EFI folder attached below and try rebooting.
thank you so much for your help i will try and use the EFI file, trs96 recommends i use a newer macOS will the EFI you added be ok to use with Big sur ??? and using Clover 5150 latest ???

Last edited:
thank you so much for your help i will try and use the EFI file, trs96 recommends i use a newer macOS will the EFI you added be ok to use with Big sur ??? and using Clover 5150 latest ???

To boot the macOS Big Sur 11.x version, the Clover version must be at least r5123 or higher.
You will need to set the Quirks part additionally in Config.plist.

Also, please remove -xcpm boot arg from Config.plist and change SMBIOS to iMac 15,1 model.
Additionally, USB Port Mapping may be required.

Sorry I have not got back sooner as we when away for Christmas and the new year, Hope you all had a Happy Christmas and new year,

Just to let you know I have tried for weeks to get Mac OS running on this Machine from lion to Monterey, at the moment I have Snow Leopard running on this PC but it will only run when I use IvyBridge Iboot dvd, I have made countless USB set ups (Opencore and Clover) but for some reason this Motherboards USBs will not boot to EFI but the HDDs Do… I am having to use a SATA Hdd as a USB then put it in the PC to boot to EFI !!! the main problem is I cannot use Unibeast in snow Leopard, so I was thinking if I get Lion working I can then use unibeast to upgrade to better Mac OS, I have followed trs96 Guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/make-an-online-opencore-usb-installer-in-windows-10.321046/ line by line, but when I try to boot it just hangs saying loading operating system.

The EFI Iishoon628 posted for me booted ok but still crashed please see new pic, I have also posted pics of the bios on this pc please let me know if I have set it up correctly

Thank you all again for your help

Attachments

• Screenshot 7.jpg
    Screenshot 7.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot 6.jpg
    Screenshot 6.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot 5.jpg
    Screenshot 5.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot 4.jpg
    Screenshot 4.jpg
    491.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot 3.jpg
    Screenshot 3.jpg
    456.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot 2.jpg
    Screenshot 2.jpg
    533.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot 1.jpg
    Screenshot 1.jpg
    520.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot 8.jpg
    Screenshot 8.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot 9.jpg
    Screenshot 9.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot 10.jpg
    Screenshot 10.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 56
  • pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 44
some more info I used SSDTtime to get my own DSDT and SSDTs, also followed OpenCore install guide to get my own plist file from the Ivy Bridge section of the guide for this pc thinking that would sort my problem but sadly not

The EFI Iishoon628 posted for me booted ok but still crashed please see new pic, I have also posted pics of the bios on this pc please let me know if I have set it up correctly

Attachments

• pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    772.2 KB · Views: 33
please close this item i have thrown away this Motherboard and chip just waiting for another one to arrive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back