Contribute
Register

PC build for programming

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I would do is get the lower CL15 ram at 2133 Mhz and then overclock it if you need more speed. Really doubt that you even need to do that. Pick one of these specifically from the QVL. I'll post it here:
View attachment 194655 View attachment 194655
Match all the letters and numbers exactly for best results.

I would go with this Corsair budget ram. 8GB for only 40 dollars is a great deal and you can be sure it will work with no problems with that board.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233770

If you will mainly be programming with this system, don't pay a lot more for flashy heatsinks and marketing hype.
It's really not worth paying more $ for.

You want to get two 4GB DIMMs to run them in Dual channel mode as opposed to just a single 8GB DIMM. You could also get two 8GB modules if you think you'll need more ram in the future.

For now, I think that the best option for me is to buy 1 stick of 8 GB because in the future I would like to increase the memory and I don't have just 2 slots.
I choose this product. It can be found in the QVL list and I think is suites best for me.

I have searched for the current motherboard on forum and found this. This guy didn't succeed and I am wondering, it's just a matter of time till this motherboard will have support, or it's not so compatible like the one you recommended?

Honestly, I'm a little bit confused:

I have 2 options:

First build:
upload_2016-5-8_9-53-58.png

Advantages:
  • High frequency on RAM 2133 MHz compared to 1600 MHz
  • New CPU (6th gen)
Disadvantages:
  • 2 RAM slots compared to 4
  • Low performance CPU taking into account benchmarks compared to build 2 CPU and more expensive
Second build:

upload_2016-5-8_10-8-45.png

Advantages:
  • 4 RAM slots
  • Higher perfomance CPU at lower price compared to build 1
  • Has been installed El Capitan succesfully on it (as trs96 said)
Disadvantages:
  • Lower frequency on RAM, just 1600 MHz compared to 2133
  • RAM ismore expensive compared to first build
Taking this into consideration, which build would you buy?

Attachments

• upload_2016-5-8_9-58-12.png
    upload_2016-5-8_9-58-12.png
    27 KB · Views: 100
"Taking this into consideration, which build would you buy?"

I would go with the Skylake system and get the 2 x 8GB of ram from the start. OS X is designed to run ram in dual channel mode. An extra 34 dollars won't break your budget. The HD530 graphics can also support 4K monitors which will continue to come down in price and really are useful for coding. Note (HDMI output is limited to only 24Hz on 4K monitors.)

Last edited:
(HDMI output is limited to only 24Hz on 4K monitors.)

Hmm, what exactly means this? :)

Anyway, overall, are you sure that the GIGABYTE GA-H110M-S2H will run El Capitan smoothly and as a native iMac? :) (as I said before, I wish very much to make OSX run properly, that's the reason why I'm here)

Hmm, what exactly means this? :)

Anyway, overall, are you sure that the GIGABYTE GA-H110M-S2H will run El Capitan smoothly and as a native iMac? :) (as I said before, I wish very much to make OSX run properly, that's the reason why I'm here)
If you don't have a 4K monitor the 24Hz refresh rate limit will not apply to you. If you do go 4K later on there will be some better support with affordable graphics cards by then. I have no experience with that specific motherboard but I do know that 10.11.4 has brought much improved support for PC hardware that we have in the Buyer's Guide, including the HD530 graphics.

If you don't have a 4K monitor the 24Hz refresh rate limit will not apply to you. If you do go 4K later on there will be some better support with affordable graphics cards by then. I have no experience with that specific motherboard but I do know that 10.11.4 has brought much improved support for PC hardware that we have in the Buyer's Guide, including the HD530 graphics.
ok, great!

Then I will buy this system, and after I bought it, I will come back for installation. :)

Thank you very much!

Hei trs96 :)

I bought the following system:

Motherboard: GA-H110M-S2H (rev. 1.0)
CPU: intel i5 6400 Skylake
RAM: Corsair 16GB 2133 Mhz
Powersupply : be quiet!
SSD: Samsung 750 EVO 120 GB

Yesterday I have set all the things, and right now I'm "eager" to install the Mac OS X on it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back