Pb Configuration Radeon RX 6600 with Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Designare
CPU
Core i7 7700K
Graphics
Radeon 6600 Sapphire (before: GeForce 1060)
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello Everyone.

I made my first Hackintoch in 2017 following tutorials on this site. I installed a High Sierra system.
2 weeks ago, when my SSD system crashed, I decide to upgrade to Calatina.

I follow the "UniBeast: Install macOS Catalina on Any Supported Intel-based PC" by tony (super Thx !) & everything works fine except that my monitor resolution was stuck to 1920x1080 - should be 3440x1440 (and my second monitor was not "recognized").

I thought that the reason of this issue was my GeForceGTX1060 graphic card (cause I read that it's not supported for Catalina).
So I order a Radeon RX 6600 & re-install everything again following the same threat.
But I still have this issue.
I should miss something & I don't know what to do.

Sorry I'm quite a noob on Hackintoch.
Any help will be great.

Thanks.

Last edited:
You should add the boot argument agdpmod=pikera (in conjunction with Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext).

I don't think that your RX 6600 graphics card is supported in Catalina either.

Thanks for your quick reply.
I thought I read that I could use the RX 6600 …
Ok so maybe I'll be back to High Sierra… Or stop trying to build a Hackintoch :(

Hello Everyone.

I made my first Hackintoch in 2017 following tutorials on this site. I installed a High Sierra system.
2 weeks ago, when my SSD system crashed, I decide to upgrade to Catalina.

I follow the "UniBeast: Install macOS Catalina on Any Supported Intel-based PC" by tony (super Thx !) & everything works fine except that my monitor resolution was stuck to 1920x1080 - should be 3440x1440 (and my second monitor was not "recognized").

I thought that the reason of this issue was my GeForceGTX1060 graphic card (cause I read that it's not supported for Catalina).
So I order a Radeon RX 6600 & re-install everything again following the same threat.
But I still have this issue.

Sorry I'm quite a noob on Hackintoch.
Any help will be great.

Thanks.
The RX 6600 is only supported on MacOS Monterey 12.1 and later. It will not work in older MacOS versions, not Catalina, not High Sierra.

And if you want to install and run Monterey you will have to give up Unibeast / Clover and switch to OpenCore as the bootloader.

Thank you guys. I will try to install Monterey.
I look for a configuration close to mine in the forum but I didn't find (Gigabyte GA-Z170X + i7 7700K + RX 6600) .
Do you know some that I can follow the instructions ?
Sorry - as I said before - I'm a noob :).
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back