Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI X99S SLI Plus (MSI X99S chipset)
CPU
Intel i7 5820k (haswell)
Graphics
GT 740 (Gigabyte)
I have been trying to follow this tutorial. And I really cant.

I have been told I have to do my drive as a GUID partition and use UEFI boot to make things work with my build. So I did have to press some different settings when doing unibeast installation.

However when I get to the part on the tutorial where I am supposed to paste in a terminal command the terminal says the files dont exist. Sure enough I dug around inside of the drives hidden files and there was no folder for kexts where the patch thought it was.
"sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/Untitled2/System/Library/Kernels/kernel"

How do I proceed?

I have been trying to follow this tutorial. And I really cant.

I have been told I have to do my drive as a GUID partition and use UEFI boot to make things work with my build. So I did have to press some different settings when doing unibeast installation.

However when I get to the part on the tutorial where I am supposed to paste in a terminal command the terminal says the files dont exist. Sure enough I dug around inside of the drives hidden files and there was no folder for kexts where the patch thought it was.
"sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/Untitled2/System/Library/Kernels/kernel"

How do I proceed?
Is Untitled2 really the name of the USB drive?

Try this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/haswell-e-x99-motherboard-temporary-guide-os-x-10-10.143849/

Yes it is the name of the drive. I actually have two USB's going, I have found things work better when you wipe it after each try. So I figure I can have one working on the long unibeast thing, and another working on boot flags. That way I essentially have two guesses. One is named "Untitled", the other "Untitled2" and neither of them work with the patch. I did check the file system and it exists up to "/Volumes/Untitled2/System/Library" however their is no Kexts folder.

Yes it is the name of the drive. I actually have two USB's going, I have found things work better when you wipe it after each try. So I figure I can have one working on the long unibeast thing, and another working on boot flags. That way I essentially have two guesses. One is named "Untitled", the other "Untitled2" and neither of them work with the patch. I did check the file system and it exists up to "/Volumes/Untitled2/System/Library" however their is no Kexts folder.
This patch presupposes you have run the script to put the OS X install app on the USB drive. Have you done so?
Once the app is on the drive many files are hidden. Have you run a command in terminal to show all the files on the USB drive? Or used a show all files app to show the hidden files?

This patch presupposes you have run the script to put the OS X install app on the USB drive. Have you done so?
Once the app is on the drive many files are hidden. Have you run a command in terminal to show all the files on the USB drive? Or used a show all files app to show the hidden files?
I went ahead and did the terminal command to show the hidden files. I put the OSX install files on the disk via unibeast, should I use a command instead? It is worth mentioning that I havent been able to install the clover application on my macbook... is it only for the hackintosh?

I went ahead and did the terminal command to show the hidden files. I put the OSX install files on the disk via unibeast, should I use a command instead? It is worth mentioning that I havent been able to install the clover application on my macbook... is it only for the hackintosh?
I do not know if you could get Clover to work on Apple hardware. Use rEFInd on a "real" Mac.

I do not know if you could get Clover to work on Apple hardware. Use rEFInd on a "real" Mac.
Ok great! I didnt think I needed to get clover on apple hardware. I just needed to know that the installation error wasnt a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back