Contribute
Register

Patched CPU Power Management Kexts Added to MultiBeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody can't help? please!!

Thank you Tony;

I'm so glad to see you have included patched versions of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext for Lion. I've been using a patcher from another forum that hasn't been kept up to date.

On my Zotac based systems this is not required for Speedstep, it enables fully functional sleep and wake features of Mac OS, and of course eliminates having to install NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.

My current hardware Specs . . .
Motherboard: Zotac H67-ITX-C-E
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
GPU: Sapphire ATI Radeon 5770 (model 100283-3L)

Boot files and customization . . .
Boot:  Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r1517
Extra:  FakeSMC.kext 3.1.0 (no other kext required in Extra folder)
Audio: Patched version of AppleHDA 2.1.3 (in System/Library/Extensions folder)
DSDT:  Edits for HDMI audio only required, all else is vanilla
WiFi:  May require swapping card for an Atheros or Broadcom, or use RaLink Driver for Mac OS.

All works, no issues.

I've been running this system since September 2011. It runs Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and all versions of Lion up to 10.7.4.

Update . . .
There is an issue. The MultiBeast patched vernon of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext works, but GeekBench results dropped from 10,750 to 6,100. I'm using my previous SpeedStepper patched version for 10.7.3 instead. GeekBench results are back to normal. I've had as high as 12,220 which is on par with Mac systems with i7 CPU's. This solution's benefits are only particular to Zotac motherboards, mainly to eliminate using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and to fully enable Mac OS Sleep and Wake features. Speedstep is vanilla, a patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext provides no benefit.

after updating to 10.7.4 my geekbench went from 12000 to 4400. horrible

dschapin said:
after updating to 10.7.4 my geekbench went from 12000 to 4400. horrible

Hmm, sounds like you need to install the "SSDT.aml" for your CPU. :ch:

Hi,

Basically, if all of these steps fail, this worked enough for me to get just the two PStates working. I was stuck at 16 and tried adding GeneratePStates, the new AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext for my i7 and the SSDT.aml for core i7. I have an Asus P8P67 WS Revolution motherboard and i7-2600k.

This is what worked for me:
Updated BIOS with patched BIOS 1503 from here:
http://bios4asus.blogspot.com/
Deleted GeneratePStates=Yes out of org.chameleon.boot.plist
SSDT.aml for i7 overclocked installed by MultiBeast 4.6.1 (I left this there)
Removed AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext that Multibeast and 10.7.4 installed
Reinstalled the AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext from 10.7.3 v167.3 (the 10.7.4 version is 193.0)
BIOS settings: PCH (HPET) on, C1&C3&C6 are enabled, virtualization enabled. All changes were made from first selecting Optimized as the default.
Using smbios iMac 12,1 identity

My System: Asus P8P67 WS Revolution, Core i7-2600k, 16gb Corsair PC3-1600, Asus HD6870 Video, patched BIOS 1503. Everything works except USB3.0 because I was too lazy to boot windows, install the driver and then reboot into OSX.

Jul 13 01:13:10 imac-p8p67 kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(16)
Jul 13 01:13:10 imac-p8p67 kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 43

Geekbench was 5583 down from 12895. Now it runs at 14307.

The patched BIOS negates the need for the NullCPU kext I used to use to deal with KPs on boot. This is caused by the locked BIOS problem. Someone mentioned that with Asus BIOSes that the DSDT.aml file has PStates and that you had to move the additional SSDT.aml states in there to the DSDT.aml. In this case, I just removed the DSDT.aml I was using since it didn't seem to be helping at all. The presence or absence of the SSDT.aml did not seem to make a difference either. Using the DropSSDT=Yes in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist resulted in my machine hung at loading DSMOS.kext stating something about a corrupt key, which only prompts when I use the DropSSDT statement.

Tried the following:
Stock BIOS,SSDT.aml,DSDT.aml,i7 AppleIntelCpuPowe....kext -> Pstate at 16
Stock BIOS,Gen P states/Cstates, SSDT, DSDT, i7...kext -> Pstate at 16
Stock BIOS, Gen Pstates/Cstates, SSDT, i7 kext -> Pstate at 16
ModBIOS, SSDT, DSDT, i7 -> Pstate at 16
ModBIOS, SSDT, i7 -> Pstate at 16
ModBIOS, SSDT, Apple 10.7.4 kext, Pstate at 16
ModBIOS, SSDT, DSDT, Apple 10.7.4 kext, Pstate at 16
ModBIOS, Gen P state/Cstates, SSDT, DSDT, Apple 10.7.4 kext, Pstate at 16
ModBIOS Gen P state/Cstates, SSDT, Apple 10.7.4 kext, Pstate at 16
ModBIOS, DropSSDT, SSDT, Apple 10.7.4 kext = Hang
ModBIOS, Drop SSDT, SSDT/DSDT, Apple 10.7.4 = Hang
ModBIOS, SSDT, Apple 10.7.3 kext = Pstate at 16,43

Hope this helps someone

Works fine on HP dv7 4087cl with Intel Core i5 430M. Tony, will the Core i5 SSDT in MultiBeast work on this processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back