Contribute
Register

Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext for 10.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
original AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement was causing KP, so removed that and was using nullpower.... But using your this kext (removed nullpower), No KP :D
but problem with sleep, seems like it goes to sleep OK, but immediately wakes up after that. see dmesg log http://pastebin.com/ENyAwRuq , these lines got my attention,
Code:
Wake reason = GLAN EHC2 EHC1
Code:
The USB device HubDevice (Port 1 of Hub at 0x1a000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)
The USB device HubDevice (Port 1 of Hub at 0x1d000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)
[0xffffff80075cce00](0)/(5) Device not responding

Any idea or hint about this ?

System info:
Lenovo G480 (20156)
BIOS VERSION: 62CN41WW
CPU: i3-3110M

original AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement was causing KP, so removed that and was using nullpower.... But using your this kext (removed nullpower), No KP :D
but problem with sleep, seems like it goes to sleep OK, but immediately wakes up after that. see dmesg log http://pastebin.com/ENyAwRuq , these lines got my attention,
Code:
Wake reason = GLAN EHC2 EHC1
Code:
The USB device HubDevice (Port 1 of Hub at 0x1a000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)
The USB device HubDevice (Port 1 of Hub at 0x1d000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)
[0xffffff80075cce00](0)/(5) Device not responding

Any idea or hint about this ?

System info:
Lenovo G480 (20156)
BIOS VERSION: 62CN41WW
CPU: i3-3110M

This usually happens when the board isn't providing standby power to USB devices while in S3 state. Check your BIOS settings and consult the board's manual to find out how to enable it. On some boards there is a jumper to enable standby power.

Mieze

This usually happens when the board isn't providing standby power to USB devices while in S3 state. Check your BIOS settings and consult the board's manual to find out how to enable it. On some boards there is a jumper to enable standby power.

Mieze
Nothing in BIOS :(
Googling suggest that i need to insert _DSM method in EHC1, EHC2 in dsdt but yet to find compatible code. Is there any option/setting/tweak that allows me to select which devices OSX should listen for a wake call ?

I guess there are some users with ASUS, Asrock and MSI mainboards who haven't patched their BIOS like me and therefore need a patched version of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext for 10.8. Here you are!

Mieze
Thank you!
Finally found this thread. Every time after adding DSDT with Multibeast I got a Kernel Panic. :banghead:
After installing this kext, everything works fine! :headbang:

Specs:
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Intel 3570K
POV GTX670
No BIOS mod

Hi Mieze,

I use this patch for my ASRock H67m-iTX/HT and it works fine. However once I installed RTL8192CU official driver, the sleep function no longer works and will lead the system crash. I wonder if there's any way to get system log from a crashed computer.

Official RTL8192CU driver can be reached at
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...n=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true
or I mirrored the file on mega.co.nz
https://mega.co.nz/#!dwlFCLDL!Mld7W2DZkJuNEunWvnGrmQy_gQF4dMy63Fi88rlklDU

Any ideas?

EDITED: Just patched my BIOS. Nothing changed. Sleep function still not working but I think it might have nothing to deal with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

it does not work on P5Q-E. i don't know why.

first i wanted to ty for your patched kext in title from your thread it worked great. what i wanted to know is what is different in yours compare to the patched one in multi beast as i didn't have sucuess with it My MB is unpatched as i m unsure how to patch the bios file which is a asus p8z77 -v deluxe v2003

and how you got it to work on a non patch bios? as i m afraid of how i m going to go with future versions of OSx

thanks

I guess there are some users with ASUS, Asrock and MSI mainboards who haven't patched their BIOS like me and therefore need a patched version of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext for 10.8. Here you are!

Mieze

I've tested msi z77ma-g45 modified bios up to v1.9 but all have issues of some sort ,
now running unmodified v1.9 on ML 10.8.4
Is your kext compaible with 10.8.4 ?

u could use clover boot loader it will patch the appleintelcpumanagement kext on the fly and wont need to patch bois

Do you need to patch your Mobo BIOS if you run on LGA 2011?

Anybody has a link to that page where they show you how to flash the bios with your own custom BIOS that allows SpeedStep/Sleep in Mac OS X?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back