Contribute
Register

Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext for 10.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked with DH55TC.
It can now sleep/wake if it's set to auto-sleep for some minutes.
Apple menu sleep still doesn't work.

I can't get my system to wake from sleep when I use the sleep function in the apple menu. I tried installing this kext but same results. I have to hold the power button down to turn it off and when I turn it back on it boots like normal.

I tried moving the NullCPUPowerManagement.Kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.Kext from s/l/e to Desktop with no changes. Tried ULord's advice on rebuilding the kernel cache.

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/

I installed ML with UniBeast 1.5.2 and MultiBeast 5.0.2 I had to use EasyInstall as the non-DTST would kernel panic with some APCI error.

also, time-out sleep doesn't seem to go all the way to sleep. First the monitor goes to sleep then when the system goes to sleep it makes a racket like it tries to sleep, but hangs somehow and stays running. It wakes from sleep fine here. I also hear the Blu-Ray burner being polled every 45 seconds or so when it's in this sleep mode. Even when using my system normally the Blu-Ray gets polled every 5 minutes or so.

Not sure what else to try. or mybe I am missing some steps.
-=Mark=-

I can't get my system to wake from sleep when I use the sleep function in the apple menu. I tried installing this kext but same results. I have to hold the power button down to turn it off and when I turn it back on it boots like normal.
This might be a problem with the BIOS settings. Usually the only way to find a solution is trial-and-error. If you don't have a DSDT for your board try to create one. It's not that hard!

also, time-out sleep doesn't seem to go all the way to sleep. First the monitor goes to sleep then when the system goes to sleep it makes a racket like it tries to sleep, but hangs somehow and stays running. It wakes from sleep fine here. I also hear the Blu-Ray burner being polled every 45 seconds or so when it's in this sleep mode. Even when using my system normally the Blu-Ray gets polled every 5 minutes or so.

It's not a bug, it's a feature. Sleep is different in ML than in Lion. There might be some background tasks running which prevent the machine from falling asleep. In terminal run
Code:
pmset -g assertions
to find out if some process is actively preventing sleep.

Mieze

Will this work on Asus P9X79 Deluxe?

This might be a problem with the BIOS settings. Usually the only way to find a solution is trial-and-error. If you don't have a DSDT for your board try to create one. It's not that hard!

Not sure what settings to look for. Especially this ASRock and their unique naming of standard functions. It's very confusing. HPET is enabled, but there is no 32-bit or 64-bit, just enable/disable.

I would be interested in creating a DSDT. I have several HDDs to put a pair on and clone them for experimenting. Any tutorials on how to create DSDT. What does DSDT stand for? I can't ever remember these meaningless initials - lol.

It's not a bug, it's a feature. Sleep is different in ML than in Lion. There might be some background tasks running which prevent the machine from falling asleep. In terminal run
Code:
pmset -g assertions
to find out if some process is actively preventing sleep.

I never used Lion. I do own SL though. I just replaced my Gigabyte board and sleep worked fine. This is a clean install and I only installed EastBeast as the non-DSDT would KP on some ACPI error.

I ran the command and here is my results:

it only shows one ExternalMedia. But I have no clue what any of that means.

I also disconnected my Blu-Ray for a test of time out sleep and now it goes in regular sleep, but doesn't wake up like when using sleep from apple logo menu.

Thanks for your help
-=Mark=-

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-27 at 3.07.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-27 at 3.07.07 PM.png
    77.2 KB · Views: 298
@ MarkJohnson
you system wont wake from sleep as you are using easybeast.
easybeast includes nullcpupowermanagment kext.
that kext overrides the stock power management kext, which needs to be present for sleep to work

either use the kext in this thread or a patched bios, and delete nullcpu.

your terminal screenshot shows that you either have an external drive connected, or what is more likely to be the internal drives showing up as external. this will prevent idle sleep, but you need to sort out the above issue before sleep works at all.
you can fix that using storageblockinjector in multibeast, or using a dsdt fix.

@ MarkJohnson
you system wont wake from sleep as you are using easybeast.
easybeast includes nullcpupowermanagment kext.
that kext overrides the stock power management kext, which needs to be present for sleep to work

either use the kext in this thread or a patched bios, and delete nullcpu.

Yes, I already did those steps without success.

your terminal screenshot shows that you either have an external drive connected, or what is more likely to be the internal drives showing up as external. this will prevent idle sleep, but you need to sort out the above issue before sleep works at all.
you can fix that using storageblockinjector in multibeast, or using a dsdt fix.

I had a USB drive before and I've removed it, but I installed the storageinjector and it seems to be semi-working. With manual sleep from apple logo it goes all the way to sleep, but gets stuck at bios error code 30 and won't wake.

I just now let it timeout and seems the same thing.

hmm, this is strange, while typing this in the desktop popped up. sweet. It sure takes a long time to wake. maybe one full minute or so. After wake the MB LED still reports error 30.

OK, I just put it to sleep manually and it gives an error code 03 (which it always was stuck at before), but only for a second or two then it shuts off except the power and reset buttons on the MB stay lit up. When I wiggle the mouse it starts to wake up with error code 30 again and sticks for almost 1.5 minutes.

Thanks for help
-=Mark=-

ps. Thanks for the links in your sig, now maybe I can make a DSDT.

yeah, I already looked over that thread, but I don't have a DSDT file to edit and not sure where one is located.

I'm over at the olarila forums and it was recommend to use the generic BIOS 2.20, but I have BIOS 2.30. Maybe I'll revert back to 2.20 for testing.

Thanks again for help
-=Mark=-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back