Contribute
Register

Patch AppleHDA kext on-the-fly with Clover bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to edit Info.plist to add CodecConfig. My info.plist only has config for 4 mentioned IDT.

Ahhh, ok I see that now... Where do I find all the CodecConfig info I will need? Sounds like I'm really close. :)

Thank you for your excellent info and help!

Ahhh, ok I see that now... Where do I find all the CodecConfig info I will need? Sounds like I'm really close. :)

Thank you for your excellent info and help!

In your patched AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Plugins/.../Info.plist (the working one). The exact path is in the first post.

hi poke,

is the original find data "8419D411" same with every device? how can i get such a number?

i have a ALC282 which whose code is 10EC0282, so i should patch like : 8419D411 - 8202EC10?

Thanks in advance

hi poke,

is the original find data "8419D411" same with every device? how can i get such a number?

i have a ALC282 which whose code is 10EC0282, so i should patch like : 8419D411 - 8202EC10?

Thanks in advance

For ALC282, use:
3d 8408 ec10 -> 3d 0000 0000
3d 8508 ec10 -> 3d 0000 0000
3d 8419 d411 -> 3d 8202 ec10

and additionally for 10.11:
3d 8319 d411 -> 3d 0000 0000

For ALC282, use:
3d 8408 ec10 -> 3d 0000 0000
3d 8508 ec10 -> 3d 0000 0000
3d 8419 d411 -> 3d 8202 ec10

thx Rehabman!

but i still wanna know how did you get those datas..

and what does the prefix "3d" for? i haven't seen this in poke's post.

and one more question, is this patch available for all versions of OS X including Yosemite? or should i seek for a new data replacement for Yosemite?

thx Rehabman!

but i still wanna know how did you get those datas..

and what does the prefix "3d" for? i haven't seen this in poke's post.

The data is output from bcc9's patch-hda.3.4 script. I add the '3d' as it always precedes each of these values in the binary (it is the opcode for x86 cmp), thus adding a bit of insurance against a "false-positive" match.

and one more question, is this patch available for all versions of OS X including Yosemite? or should i seek for a new data replacement for Yosemite?

Yosemite is a developer build under NDA and cannot be discussed here. Please read the rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

The data is output from bcc9's patch-hda.3.4 script. I add the '3d' as it always precedes each of these values in the binary (it is the opcode for x86 cmp), thus adding a bit of insurance against a "false-positive" match.

Yosemite is a developer build under NDA and cannot be discussed here. Please read the rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

got it! thanks a lot!

Hi, a noob question:

should i also copy the edited IOKitPersonalities/HDA Hardware Config Resource/HDAConfigDefault to the Info.plist in the AppleHDAIDT.kext?
it seems that it was not mentioned in your thread :p

Hi, a noob question:

should i also copy the edited IOKitPersonalities/HDA Hardware Config Resource/HDAConfigDefault to the Info.plist in the AppleHDAIDT.kext?
it seems that it was not mentioned in your thread :p

Read post #1:
"We now can use a dummy kext (discovered by piker_alpha) to do the jobs automatically. You can download AppleHDAIDT.kext, which I created by piker_alpha guide (the kext is injected with 4 above codec configs)."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back