Contribute
Register

Patch AppleHDA kext on-the-fly with Clover bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that ACPI files are patched correctly.

Not only correctly, but from *recent native extract*.

If you made any BIOS option change, changed hardware, or BIOS upgrade... you have to re-extract/re-patch.

At least all the things related to ACPI (power off, restart, sleep, hibernate) work fine. And I don't quite understand this thing: even if I can do hardware nvram reset (or EC reset, if it is the same) form inside OS X, how can I make internal microphone works reliable, doing reset from time to time? Why Linux or Windows does not require this reset? I'd like to make a patch that I can apply once and have microphone works all the time

There may be issues with your patched AppleHDA (layout/platforms).

Not only correctly, but from *recent native extract*.

If you made any BIOS option change, changed hardware, or BIOS upgrade... you have to re-extract/re-patch.

How can I make sure? I didn't make any BIOS upgrade o hardware change.

How can I check that? I mean, that in some cases (after nvram reset) everything's working fine. For me it means that AppleHDA is patched correctly.

Re-extract, re-patch.

You can patch it yourself instead of relying on work someone else did.

Maybe it is an EAPD issue. Did you try CodecCommander?

https://github.com/RehabMan/EAPD-Codec-Commander

To make things easier, I've deleted dsdt.aml from clover config and now using the original dsdt and Clover only. Still have the same problem. So I can make a conclusion that the problem is not related to dsdt patching.
And yes, I'm using codec commander and it works for me. I noticed, that after a sleep (i.e. after codec commander restart the audio) my microphone might start working if it didn't work before sleep. However, after a while (5 mins for example) it stops working again.
And yes, I checked the AppleHDA patch I'm using to make my audio work and didn't find there anything that I would do another way if I create this patch by myself.
Have no idea what to do next

To make things easier, I've deleted dsdt.aml from clover config and now using the original dsdt and Clover only. Still have the same problem. So I can make a conclusion that the problem is not related to dsdt patching.
And yes, I'm using codec commander and it works for me. I noticed, that after a sleep (i.e. after codec commander restart the audio) my microphone might start working if it didn't work before sleep. However, after a while (5 mins for example) it stops working again.
And yes, I checked the AppleHDA patch I'm using to make my audio work and didn't find there anything that I would do another way if I create this patch by myself.
Have no idea what to do next

AppleHDA not possible without required DSDT patches.

AppleHDA not possible without required DSDT patches.

That's right. I just do it with clover config. I removed dsdt.aml just to be sure there is nothing wrong in patched dsdt.aml that I was using before. The only thing that is not working without patched dadt.aml is your smart battery manager, that requires dsdt patches unavalable via clover config.

That's right. I just do it with clover config. I removed dsdt.aml just to be sure there is nothing wrong in patched dsdt.aml that I was using before. The only thing that is not working without patched dadt.aml is your smart battery manager, that requires dsdt patches unavalable via clover config.

Best to do the HDA related (IRQ Fix, layout-id) DSDT patches instead of the settings in config.plist.

Best to do the HDA related (IRQ Fix, layout-id) DSDT patches instead of the settings in config.plist.
Why so? You expect that clover does the same things wrong way?

Why so? You expect that clover does the same things wrong way?

It does things differently and there are several options that must be combined to get it right.

Best to use the proven method first, verify it works, then try implementing the Clover alternative.

It does things differently and there are several options that must be combined to get it right.

Best to use the proven method first, verify it works, then try implementing the Clover alternative.

OK, I'll try these HDA related patches (IRQ, layout-id inject, did I forget anything else?) and see if it helps. Meanwhile, do you thing ioreg data when mic does not work and ioreg data when it is working might provide helpful info? One more thing. Pin config for the problematic internal microphone in patched AppleHDA is the same as in the default codec config: 18-34-9, while for the external microphone, that works all the time, it differs from the original: 24-35-9 instead of 24-12-2 in the original codec layout. May be that might cause the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back