Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Thanks for the hint. Unfortunately that didn't fix my problem.
The USB adapter works without any problems under BigSur (and all versions before), but no longer under Monterey.
Is there any other USB adapter that will work safely with Monterey?

I like using natively supported Wi-Fi/Bluetooth cards such as ones pulled from real Macs. Please see post #3 of this thread for more info.

I restored my system back to Big Sur and everything worked as expected. I have no explanation why Big Sur recognized my Bluetooth USB adapter, and a fresh installation of Monterey did not recognized it.

There were big changes to the Bluetooth stack in Monterey. If you are not using a natively supported Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card, expect problems.

You can just write down all the ports you have active in your SSDT.

Then manually edit the info.plist in the USBPorts.kext.
So I copied over USBPorts.kext and SSDT-UIAC.aml from an older drive running 11.6 that had proper USB ports, and functional Bluetooth and WIFI.. Now 2 things are weird. First, booting takes a good 2 to 3 minutes. And second, even though the proper ports show up in Hackintool and IORegistryExplorer, no USB drives plugged in anywhere will show up on the desktop, but do show up as used in IORegistryExplorer. And Bluetooth still doesn't work. When I look at About This Mac/System Report/Bluetooth, the computer takes a minute or two before saying it can't find Bluetooth.

I'm rapidly loosing any remaining hair and really thought I was on the right track. :(

So I copied over USBPorts.kext and SSDT-UIAC.aml from an older drive running 11.6 that had proper USB ports, and functional Bluetooth and WIFI.. Now 2 things are weird. First, booting takes a good 2 to 3 minutes. And second, even though the proper ports show up in Hackintool and IORegistryExplorer, no USB drives plugged in anywhere will show up on the desktop, but do show up as used in IORegistryExplorer. And Bluetooth still doesn't work. When I look at About This Mac/System Report/Bluetooth, the computer takes a minute or two before saying it can't find Bluetooth.

I'm rapidly loosing any remaining hair and really thought I was on the right track. :(

Don't use USBPorts.kext and SSDT-UIAC.aml together. Don't use USBInjectAll.

Last edited:
Thanks @pastrychef for yours EFIs, they've been working flawlessly for Catalina & Big Sur,
My board ix Asus ROG STrix Z370-E Gaming.

However when I tried to update to Monterey it doesn't work using Settings/Update.

So then, I tried to fresh install Monterey (using OC .67 , OC .74, OC .75 EFIs ) , they all boot fine from USB and prompt for installation, however after that the installation stuck on Apple Logo show up for about 1 second and reboot loops.

Same EFIs above install Big Sur are all fine. Just Monterey have boot loop issue when install.

Would someone be able to shed some light where I might be missing?

Thanks @pastrychef for yours EFIs, they've been working flawlessly for Catalina & Big Sur,
My board ix Asus ROG STrix Z370-E Gaming.

However when I tried to update to Monterey it doesn't work using Settings/Update.

So then, I tried to fresh install Monterey (using OC .67 , OC .74, OC .75 EFIs ) , they all boot fine from USB and prompt for installation, however after that the installation stuck on Apple Logo show up for about 1 second and reboot loops.

Same EFIs above install Big Sur are all fine. Just Monterey have boot loop issue when install.

Would someone be able to shed some light where I might be missing?

Please add "-v" boot argument and post a photo where it crashes. Please see here.

I had quite an odd experience with Monterey. Really strange, on both my Computers, an original Macbook Pro 2018 and my Hackintosh à la Pastry. I updated both my systems which worked fine. I am working with Samsung QVO 8TB SSD drives for my video editing and never had any problems with it so far.

In Monterey I one of the drives didn't play some of my video clips any more (BRAW). As I have a couple of backups for all my working drives, I wanted to format the QVO 8 TB SSD and clone the backup freshly back on it. But when I tried to delete everything with disk utility, the SSD was corrupt. I just couldn't activate it any more, and everytime I tried it showed a com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter-error. Of course I tried to repair it, but it just didn't work. And it was weird because disk utility showed: a grey APFS Physical Store disk and an Apple APFSMedia (see image attached).

Well, then I switched to my original Macbook Pro and tried to format the drive, but it was the same error. So I got really frustrated and talked to Amazon because I thought the drive had failed. They were kind enough to send me a new one right away. In the mean time I reinstalled Big Sur on my Hackintosh, initialized and formated the new drive with Big Sur and everything went just fine. I was quite relieved. Just to be sure, I plugged the new SSD into my original Macbook Pro 2018 and tried to format it again with disk utility in Monterey. This went fine also, so I tought that my old SSD just had failed. But when I tried to read from it the same strange behavior reoccured and again, I couldn't format or repair it any more.

I reinstalled Big Sur also on my Macbook Pro, got a new SSD from Amazon and now everything works as before: just fine.

So this is the first time a macOS corrupted my hardware and from now on I am really hesitant with any kind of update.

Attachments

• tempImage3QYGJi.png
    tempImage3QYGJi.png
    13.4 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:
I had quite an odd experience with Monterey. Really strange, on both my Computers, an original Macbook Pro 2018 and my Hackintosh à la Pastry. I updated both my systems which worked fine. I am working with Samsung QVO 8TB SSD drives for my video editing and never had any problems with it so far.

In Monterey I one of the drives didn't play some of my video clips any more (BRAW). As I have a couple of backups for all my working drives, I wanted to format the QVO 8 TB SSD and clone the backup freshly back on it. But when I tried to delete everything with disk utility, the SSD was corrupt. I just couldn't activate it any more, and everytime I tried it showed a com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter-error. Of course I tried to repair it, but it just didn't work. And it was weird because disk utility showed: a grey APFS Physical Store disk and an Apple APFSMedia (see image attached).

Well, then I switched to my original Macbook Pro and tried to format the drive, but it was the same error. So I got really frustrated and talked to Amazon because I thought the drive had failed. They were kind enough to send me a new one right away. In the mean time I reinstalled Big Sur on my Hackintosh, initialized and formated the new drive with Big Sur and everything went just fine. I was quite relieved. Just to be sure, I plugged the new SSD into my original Macbook Pro 2018 and tried to format it again with disk utility in Monterey. This went fine also, so I tought that my old SSD just had failed. But when I tried to read from it the same strange behavior reoccured and again, I couldn't format or repair it any more.

I reinstalled Big Sur also on my Macbook Pro, got a new SSD from Amazon and now everything works as before: just fine.

So this is the first time a macOS corrupted my hardware and from now on I am really hesitant with any kind of update.

There are some pretty serious issues with some Samsung SSDs on Monterey.

Please see:

Back