Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I removed all the arguments from the download and inserted your argument. Everything worked. Thank you very much for the work done! You are awesome! :)

No!! Do not clear the other boot arguments. Just add this one and keep the other ones untouched.

Is this required for the i9 series processors or all Z370/390 system's processors?

This is to resolve a black screen issue that some are experiencing with Catalina public beta 10.15.1. I don't think it's dependent on motherboard chipset or CPU. It's dependent on GPU.

The Chrome thing has been fixed right? Is it safe to disable SIP now?
Also whats the difference between disabling SIP thru Clover and just doing sudo spctl --master-disable on the terminal?

Yes, I believe Google corrected the Chrome issue. It's up to you if you want to disable SIP. I always leave it enabled.

On a Hackintosh, SIP should be disabled via config.plist.

Hi!

Thank you for the new OpenCore update.
There is no Apple folder in this one, should I copy the one from Point 4?
I was wondering cause I am booting and it works but I get a "fix your kext" message while loading

I figured out why the "fix your kext" message appears... VoodooPS2Controller.kext needs to be updated.

Download the attached version, unZip it, and copy to /EFI/OC/Kexts/.

Attachments

• VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip
    374.6 KB · Views: 43
Hi Pastrychef, I just updated to EFI 5.1.3 and MacOS 10.15, and mostly everything seems to be working fine, but my USB3 ports, both motherboard as well as internal header, aren't working. The only two ports that are working are the two USB 2.0 ports on the left of the motherboard. I have tried the OpenCore beta as well and the same issue is occurring. Attached is my EFI folder (5.1.3), can you take a look? Thanks.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    41.8 MB · Views: 97
Hi Pastrychef, I just updated to EFI 5.1.3 and MacOS 10.15, and mostly everything seems to be working fine, but my USB3 ports, both motherboard as well as internal header, aren't working. The only two ports that are working are the two USB 2.0 ports on the left of the motherboard. I have tried the OpenCore beta as well and the same issue is occurring. Attached is my EFI folder (5.1.3), can you take a look? Thanks.

Hmm... That doesn't make sense... My Clover EFI folders and my OpenCore EFI folders use different USB fixes. I find it unlikely that two different methods are failing to work correctly.

The only thing that could prevent the USB fixes from working is if you were using iMac19,2 system definition because the version of USBInjectAll that I included in the EFI folders do not have any support for iMac19,2.

Please replace your config.plist with the one attached here. I made a minor change that will enable the USB 2 ports and still keep you within the 15 port limit.

Attachments

• config.plist
    13.6 KB · Views: 80
Back